Thread: Trail Tool kit?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Trail Tool kit?

Looking for a trail tool kit. Something with tube change tools. I bought one of those under the saddle pouches. Don't think its big enough though. I want to be able to carry two spare tubes, tool kit, phone, wallet, and maybe small first aid kit......thoughts??
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by presta24 View Post
    Looking for a trail tool kit. Something with tube change tools. I bought one of those under the saddle pouches. Don't think its big enough though. I want to be able to carry two spare tubes, tool kit, phone, wallet, and maybe small first aid kit......thoughts??
    They make some pretty good size seat bags that can easily hold all that gear. You can also stuff a flat kit into a small seat bag pretty easy as well. I use a small seat bag on my Yeti and it holds, tire tools, multi-tool, tire patches, CO2 device w/ extra CO2 cartridge, gel pack, small handlebar light, and has room left for keys, wallet and phone. As for the tubes and first aide kit, if you stick with the small seat bag, you may want to consider a frame bag, top tube bag, or backpack.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ditto on the frame bag. They come in a few more versatile sizes than a saddlebag.

With the amount of stuff you're looking to carry, that is pretty much the only option if you don't want to use a pack.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by presta24 View Post
    tubes take up a lot of space. Maybe tape one to the frame instead?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Im looking at getting a underseat bag and lezyne do a nice large one