mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Stands: FeedbackSports Rakk or Willoworx Superstand

(Searched past threads, but did not see this comparison):
    Trying to decide between two bike stands for my Stumpjumper FSR 29er . . .

1. Feedback Sports Rakk:
    RAKK - Storage & Display Stand (Black)

-or-

2. Willoworx Superstand
    PRODUCTS - Willworx Super Stand and Boomerack

Have not seen the Willoworx stand . . . did see the Feedback. My bike is a XXL-- the fit is a bit snug and the bike leans a little to one side but seems fairly stable (the spring loaded arm seems to be off center from the floor tire bracket channel which accounts for lean . . . is this true for all Feedback stands or was this an "off" stand?).

Looking for a stand that best supports the bike without affecting/stressing/contacting rims, brake rotors, etc.

Would appreciate your experiences/thoughts . . . thanks very much.
    Last edited by Odyssey3; 08-31-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Bite Me.
    I lean my bike against the wall. Bike stand
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    This is actually a great question. I have seen the Feedback Sport Rakk and it is actually a very nice looking stand, but have not seen it in use. The other stand looks more basic . . . which works best though would be interesting to know.

I too currently lean my bike against the wall and get rather upset when I find it knocked over . . . of course no one ever knows anything about it.

dirtbag
    I have a couple of the Rakk stands in my garage. They work really well keeping the bikes upright and only using the tires for support. The supporting arm is spring loaded so it grips onto different wheel sizes. Bonus is that the supporting arm can be collapsed for easy transport and they can be linked with other Rakks if you have several bike. I'll be buying more for the other bikes that are just laid onto a garage wall or work bench.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Velo Wall Rack

The above rack from Feedback looks like a nice option for hanging bikes on the wall, and with adjustable arms would for for pretty much any frame? Anyone tried these?

Can Tree Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kfb66 View Post
    Velo Wall Rack

The above rack from Feedback looks like a nice option for hanging bikes on the wall, and with adjustable arms would for for pretty much any frame? Anyone tried these?
    The arms on the rack are the same that they use on the freestanding rack systems. I have the 4-bike setup and the racks are fine. The rubber pads protect the frame. But you do need to have an unobstructed top tube. Some bike designs might present a problem.

If I had the wall space to hold bikes, I would first try the big vinyl-coated hooks and hang the bikes by the rear wheels from the ceiling or rafters, close to the wall. I did that for years before moving. Far cheaper, just as effective, just as easy to use, and works for all bikes regardless of frame design. If that does not work in your situation, the Feedback wall rack will do the job you expect it to do.
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!