Transition Blindside v5

New question here. silly Q's on CrankBro Power Pump Pro

I just picked up a Power Pump Pro, and have some silly questions.

When connecting the pump to the valve...
    If I don't insert the valve far enough, it's not engaging (no psi reading), of course. But, if I insert the valve too far(?), the air starts rushing out of the tube, before I get to turn the head 90-degrees to 'lock' it. Is it because I inserted it too far that the valve head (presta) went thru to the other side/hole (schreader)? This is my first dual-valve head pump (floor or handy), so maybe I'm missing something here? With a regular single-valve head pump, there's a point where it 'engages' (with psi reading) without leaking where I can then take my time to 'lock' & 'unlock' by flipping a lever. Is there such a (mid-)point with this handy pump, too? Just making sure that it's not broken, as I picked up the last left-over one at a store. (Or should I go exchange it?)

Also, the caps on the valve-receptor holes were kinda loose, so I finger-tighten them all up. Now it feels too tight to even insert a valve (presta). I had to keep those caps slightly loosen (not tighten all the way) so that I can insert a valve. Is this normal? (Is it just that the brandnew rubber hole inside is sorta still thick/tight, which will eventually wear out to loosen?) With my floor pump, I have the cap tighten all the way, and my presta goes in fine.

Thanks for your 'sanity check' in advance,
    - PiroChu

http://www.crankbrothers.com/powerpump_pro.php
    Last edited by PiroChu; 07-11-2005 at 12:36 PM.