mtbr member

Sette (Pricepoint) workstands?

Anyone have any experience with Sette workstands? I know they don't make their own so they are someone else's with their name on it. I desperately need a workstand but I just need it for basic maintainance -- nothing elaborate. So I don't want to spend a lot.

Here's one I'm looking at but I don't know anything about this brand:

Sette ST-7 DLX Foldable Workstand | Sette | Brand | www.PricePoint.com
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I've had mine since 2007... Works as advertised... Just be mindful when adjusting the quick locks... After having it dialed, I have yet to adjust them...

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I have the same thing (another brand name on it but it's exactly the same) I actually like it better in some way over the Parks I had..

One it folds up WAY tighter than the Parks and is lighter. Is more stable as the legs aren't loose like the parks and it wont back flip as easy.

I wouldn't call it a high end stand.. If I could afford to I would get a Feedback and just keep this in the van for traveling trips/repairs.. but honestly I've been using it for 3+ yrs now and can't complain especially for the price (was like $79 on sale) I do use it multiple times a week.

few issues I have had..

one bolt on a joint came loose and fell out/got lost. local hardware store for a new bolt washer and lock nut.. was like 5 bucks

The arm is kinda short and if you shift it out of square the pedal may hit when working on cranks (very minor issue)

if working with heavier front end bikes (29er's and big squish bikes) you'll find it more solidly planted when seat post mounting it you actually shift/spin it so the front tire is out over a leg and the rear tire is more in toward the main post. But really that's true with any of the portable work stands... just distributes the weight more evenly and keeps it from tipping over.

The jaws are a little cheap looking/feeling,.. but honestly they work fine and have never had any issues with them letting loose or flexing more than expected or any of the other stands I've used.

you really can't beat it for the $$$
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/