mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Rock Shox Suspension Seatpost Rebuild??

I just picked up a used Rock Shox Suspension seatpost to put on my girlfriends hardtail bike. The only problem is it has some side to side play. I've been told I can find a rebuild kit and replace the keys??? Can anyone inform me on how to do this, or offer any other suggestion to fix the side to side play? I called Rock Shox and they don't service this post anymore so they were no help.

-> SickLines.com <-

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks, but the manual does no good I've already tried it. It tells you how to replace the elastomers and springs but says if there is side to side play then let a mechanic repair or contact Rock Shox, but when I contacted them they said they don't service it or have parts anymore.

mtbr member
    check with hippietech suspension, they bought out all rockshox old stock of stuff when sram bought them out.

let us know if they're able to help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by golfnbike13
    Thanks, but the manual does no good I've already tried it. It tells you how to replace the elastomers and springs but says if there is side to side play then let a mechanic repair or contact Rock Shox, but when I contacted them they said they don't service it or have parts anymore.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]