WI. Big Boy MTBer

Rock Shox Dart Hot Rod..or..??

Hey folks I'm new to these forums and It looks like I may be here for a good long time to come. I have been away from the sport of Mountain Biking for almost 9 years. I recently got the fever again..(i dont think it ever really leaves you) and found a sweet deal at my local shop on an '07 GF Wahoo.. anyway.. my question is with the stocker shock.
    Is it possible or even really worth it to beef up the stock Rock Shox Dart 1 that came on the bike?
    It's plush and all..but I weigh in at about 250 right now..(working on lowering that #) and when seated normally on the bike, am mashing the fork down alittle more than I would like.
    Ithink this fork has 100mm of travel (realistically about 85mm) and with my big hinder in the saddle even less useable travel. is there a kit or something that anyone knows of for this fork to make it a bit stiffer..like maybe heavier springs?? Sorry if that is a stupid question..I have been away for a spell now.. Recommendations???

Wrong forum sorry.. posted in Suspension forum
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX

mtbr member
    you ought to be able to get heavier duty spring kit from SRAM/rockshox, though you'll have to go through your LBS to order 'em. You might want to poke around the rockshox downloads to see if you can figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by fattybikejones
    Hey folks I'm new to these forums and It looks like I may be here for a good long time to come. I have been away from the sport of Mountain Biking for almost 9 years. I recently got the fever again..(i dont think it ever really leaves you) and found a sweet deal at my local shop on an '07 GF Wahoo.. anyway.. my question is with the stocker shock.
    Is it possible or even really worth it to beef up the stock Rock Shox Dart 1 that came on the bike?
    It's plush and all..but I weigh in at about 250 right now..(working on lowering that #) and when seated normally on the bike, am mashing the fork down alittle more than I would like.
    Ithink this fork has 100mm of travel (realistically about 85mm) and with my big hinder in the saddle even less useable travel. is there a kit or something that anyone knows of for this fork to make it a bit stiffer..like maybe heavier springs?? Sorry if that is a stupid question..I have been away for a spell now.. Recommendations???

Wrong forum sorry.. posted in Suspension forum
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2004
    If the bike was new it should have come with an owner's manual for the bike and the shock, at least that's the way Fisher used to do it. In the shock manual it should list weight ranges for the standard setup and additional optional springs, if available, with the corresponding weight ranges. When I bought my hardtail the stock fork spring was supposed to be good for around 160-180# and I replaced it witht the 180#+ spring even though I was then at 180#. Was a good upgrade for me.