Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Recommendation: Shop Stool

895 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  IRONMAN1518 
#1 ·
I'm in need of a new shop stool. The plastic milk crate I've been using has finally broke.

What is a good short stool to use? Preferablly, with adjusting height and of course wheels. And how about a high stool for working at the bench?

#2 ·
bloodyknee said:
I'm in need of a new shop stool. The plastic milk crate I've been using has finally broke.

What is a good short stool to use? Preferablly, with adjusting height and of course wheels. And how about a high stool for working at the bench?
Picked up a couple Craftsman stools for around $25 each. They also have tall bench stools for close to same price. Thought about a Park stool, but Craftsman won out becasue I needed one for my son also so it was 2 stools for less than the price of 1.

#4 ·
bloodyknee said:
That's a great price. Were they on sale? Much more expensive on their website.
must of been. I did not give it much thought as we picked them up in the store last feb when we were fixing up the shop and working on the bikes. seemed like a great deal at the time being tired of sitting on ball buckets and seeing how expensive the park stools were. you should also check out autozone/advance auto parts. seems like i have seen stools there at a good price too.

#5 ·
For anyone who likes Craftsman you can join Craftsman Club for free and recieve monthly sale catalogs where tools and stuff is discounted to members. This is a "tall" chair you would use @ the wokbenc. I have one similar I got for free from a bank that was getting new ones.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...Tools&cName=Garage+&+Tool+Storage&sName=Stool

My wife got me a shorter rolling mechanics seat when it went on sale for $20. I use it on when the bike is on the bike stand and when I work on the cars.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00951164000P?mv=rr

Harbor freight has some also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.