mtbr member

Raceface Next SL seatpost disassebly

So I get a horrid creaking noise from the pivots on the seatpost. I cleaned them real well and hit them with some wax based lube, and the noise is gone. I believe it will come back though. Anyone taken one of these apart to get a proper grease in there on the pivot surfaces to silence this beast once and for all?

Plays with tools
    I've got a case (literally) of replacement shafts for those posts if you ever need one.

mtbr member
    Is the shaft replaceable? Pretty happy with the post so far, but the creak was driving me nuts. Called Raceface today and he told me how I could get the bottom pivot off where the angle clamp bolt goes through. I packed the grease into that bad boy and we will see how it goes.

Chamois Dropper
    I've taken one apart pretty far after over torquing and stripping the threads.I tried to use parts off another post to resurrect mine. I don't think its possible to drive those hollow pins out. They look like roll pins, but I beat them pretty hard with a punch and they did not budge. A thin film of grease in all the places I could get it shut mine up.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg