mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Quando Rear Hub Rebuild Problems

Decided to do a major overhaul on the bike and get into those places that I don't normally clean. Decided to get into the Rear Hub/Freewheel so I could clean out the old grease and inspect the bearings and regrease them. During disassembly, I followed Park Tools advice and placed the parts on a zip tie in the order/orientation that they came off as I went along. Going back together; however, I have run into some problems. When placing the wheel back into my forks, my disc for my caliper brakes does not line up with the slot (being hard to the left standing at the rear of the bike looking toward the front). The only solution that I can come up with to fix the problem is that I possibly did not put all the right parts on the left side of the hub and the right side possibly has an extra piece pushing it over too far (possibly due to too many beers during assembly). I thought maybe I had the locking nut on the cone in the wrong position, but I dont think that adjusting it would have an impact. If I moved the left side out I would have to move the ride side in, putting me in the same predicament. I have been looking for some kind of drawing of the Quando hub that shows and exploded view of the parts within the hub so that I can verify that my part placement is correct. Didn't know if anyone could help steer me in the right location or possibly had similar problems that they could help me with some advice.

Thanks

Former Bike Wrench
    Is your wheel centered in the fork?...if it is centered then just adjust the caliper position to center the rotor.

mtbr member
    First off...

which hub are you talking about? the rear hub? or the front one? you mentioned alignment and reinstalling the wheel onto the fork...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike
    First off...

which hub are you talking about? the rear hub? or the front one? you mentioned alignment and reinstalling the wheel onto the fork...
    Sounds like he's talking about the rear hub.

Decided to get into the Rear Hub/Freewheel
    Some people call the seat and chain stays forks.