mtbr member

The Pedros Vise WhipPedro’s Vise-Whip

What a great idea

The new Pedro’s Vise-Whip tool finally can free bike mechanics as well as bike riders from the hassles of a chain whip. A Vise-Grip-type handle attached to a pair of jaws with pins to engage cog teeth allow the user to hold the cog so tightly than he or she can hold the entire wheel up by it while installing and turning the lockring tool. This is a great tool, if I do say so myself.

http://www.velonews.com/photo/82837

Wanderer
    Neat but a whip chain is already pretty easy. I don't find its use to be a hassle as all.

Now if I didn't already have one, I would probably pick this up instead.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have been using the Vise-whip the last few weeks. It is fantastic. however the $65 MSRP would be enough not to buy it if you don't use it daily.

You can set it up from 11-28t cogs and lock the adjuster and leave it. Mine is locked to a 12t so I can use it quickly in the shop. Holds tight even to the most worn out cogs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter
    What a great idea

The new Pedro’s Vise-Whip tool finally can free bike mechanics as well as bike riders from the hassles of a chain whip. A Vise-Grip-type handle attached to a pair of jaws with pins to engage cog teeth allow the user to hold the cog so tightly than he or she can hold the entire wheel up by it while installing and turning the lockring tool. This is a great tool, if I do say so myself.

http://www.velonews.com/photo/82837
    I like my VAR track-cog spanner for that role. No adjustments needed, either. Should last me 'til retirement

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Yeah we got one at the store and were discussing it yesterday because no one remembered ordering it. We finally figured out that the sales rep probably used some of the new pedro's tools to fill out an booking order for us. When the oldest mechanic realized exactly what it was for, he grabbed it for his own work area. I was thinking of buying it myself but up here in CanOfDuh, the WHOLESALE is $55cdn and I already own a shimano dura-ace chainwhip.

Maybe when I open my own shop, I'll get one... but until then I don't remove enough cassettes to need more than a whip.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread