Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Park vs. Ice Toolz Facing/Taping tool

Anyone have experience with Ice Toolz bottom bracket facing/taping tool or headset facing tool? They cost a quarter of the price of the Park versions (BTS-1, HTR-!B). Should I expect a quarter of the performance and durability? Will be used minimally.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    Anyone have experience with Ice Toolz bottom bracket facing/taping tool or headset facing tool? They cost a quarter of the price of the Park versions (BTS-1, HTR-!B). Should I expect a quarter of the performance and durability? Will be used minimally.

Ice Toolz, eh? If the name is any indication.... Sorry I have no experience with them, but with a name like that and 1/4 the price, how good can they be? I'm skeptical.

Poor quality cutting tools are never fun to use.

The name reminds me of the these idiots.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    I had a BB removal tool by ice toolz, and it wears out quickly, and didnt fit i the bb cup properly( the platic non drive side one).
    I bought a axiom one and it is a cadillac compared to the Ice toolz.
    Also bought a Ice Toolz chain break tool and the threads stripped . Also MEC is now supplying Filzer tools which are also junk. I bought a pedal wrench, used it twice and already the wrench is rounding. U pay for what you get.