mtbr member

Park TS-2.2 truing stand a 29" wheels/tires

Does the TS-2.2 accept 29" wheels? How about with tires? I have seen one add that says 29" wheels require extensions, one add say 29" wheels without tires, and one add say 29" wheels with tires. The Park site says with or without tires. Just trying to confirm.

Ariolimax columbianus
    yes, i just built a set of road wheels (700c) w/one......plus i don't think you'd wanna true a wheel w/the tire on.

mtbr member
    Nubster- I have the older Park T-2 truing stand. I can true 29er rims without the tires. Looks like the new T-2.2 can true 29er wheels with or without according to their site. It seams they increased the length of the uprights. I've seen the extensions for the older T-2 but not anything about extensions on the T-2.2. Maybe give them a call to confirm.

mtbr member
    I actually just watched a youtube video review of the 2.2 and the mechanic was comparing the 2.2 side by side with the 2.0 and the 2.2 will accept a 29er wheel with the tire still on. He said that was one of the major changes between the stands.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yeah, I have one of each and the TS-2.2 is basically a scaled-up TS-2 that handles 29er wheels with tires on. It'll also handle wider rear axles than a TS-2, which is nice if you work on tandem wheelsets.

Next-best would be a TS-2 with the extended-reach feeler kit and the TS2-EXT extensions on the uprights.

Members who have read this thread: 0