mtbr member

Park Tool Stand PCS 10

I am wondering how this stand will work with a 30# FS bike?

I am looking for a stand to service the bikes, wash, chain maintenance and minor service work. I would love to hear from members who own and use this stand.

Thanks
    Last edited by rickcin; 02-16-2013 at 06:51 PM.

jt_
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Wouldn't want to be using it 10 times a day, But just a few times a week it's more then fine.
    I love mine, but i love the ones at the shop more just because the clamp is a lot quicker and the whole thing is sturdier.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jt_ View Post
    Wouldn't want to be using it 10 times a day, But just a few times a week it's more then fine.
    I love mine, but i love the ones at the shop more just because the clamp is a lot quicker and the whole thing is sturdier.
    Just have one FS bike, the wife's HT and have 2 cyclocross bikes. I would just like to have a stand to clean and lube the drivetrain as well as washing the bike.

Based on your experience, I guess this stand will work for me. I have read some of the reviews for the Feedback Sports stand and learned that a heavy men bike will cause the stand to sag and a pedal will hit the vertical pole; Not good when trying to service the chain!

jt_
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I used to service my downhill bike on it quite often so it should do those types of bike no dramas.

It really makes life so much easier.

Rogue Exterminator
    Both my bikes are over 30 lbs and this stand work fantastically well with them. Very stable and secure. Can do anything I need it to do and then some. You won't be disappointed.

If you have an REI close by and are still worried about it, buy it from them.
    If you are not satisfied they will return it.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    I guess I should have mentioned my HT is also a 29 er, but based on your experience, this will work well for me!

Also, there is an REI near where I work so I could easily pick one up there. Did not see an REI in the Asheville area last summer when we were in NC biking!

Thanks for the info!

turtles make me hot
    I had an old Advent stand that looks a lot like the Park but probably with a smaller footprint. I held my old 26er fine but when I stepped up to new school FS 29ers and such, it would tip easily.
    I shopped around and ended up with a Feedback Pro Elite. Opens up with a nice tripod footprint and the clamp is awesome. Height is super adjustable too. I got mine on Ebay for 175.
    Pro-Elite Work Stand | Professional Portable Bike Repair Stand

OOPS... Edit.... I have the Pro Classic. Not the Pro Elite. I got the Pro Classic for 175 a while back when it was the top dog. Maybe it's cheaper now since they have the Elite.
    Last edited by NYrr496; 02-17-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    I like turtles

Pay no mind to us...
    PCS-10 - strong like bull.

Will take 30 lb bike and stay stable. I would reckon that a 40 lb would say stable on that thing as well.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcin View Post
    I guess I should have mentioned my HT is also a 29 er, but based on your experience, this will work well for me!

Also, there is an REI near where I work so I could easily pick one up there. Did not see an REI in the Asheville area last summer when we were in NC biking!

Thanks for the info!
    It is probably a couple years old now and located in Biltmore Park right off I-26 exit 37 (Long Shoals Rd exit).

mtbr member
    I hope to be biking in the Asheville area this summer and I will check out the REI store as well as Dupont Park, never made it there during our last visit.

Rogue Exterminator
    Not to take anything away from Pisgah or Bent Creek, but DuPont is probably my favorite overall. Great selection of trails and some of the best scenery. The downfall is that in the summer it is crowded and lots of horses. I would highly recommend that if you come here in the Summer to pick a weekday to hit DuPont (and definitely not a holiday).

mtbr member
    Made it to Bent Creek our last time in Asheville but wanted to check out Dupont but ran out of time.
    We are older riders so just comfortable with beginner to intermediate trails so we are hoping Dupont has some trails for us!

Rogue Exterminator
    You can pretty much ride everything at DuPont

The hardest trails there are on the Cornmill Shoals side.
    Burnt Mtn is probably the toughest, then Big Rock, and one half of Cedar Rock.
    That is an easy side of the park to avoid though however, you would also be missing one of the most spectacular views in the park if you don't do Cedar Rock/ Big Rock.

Even if you don't do it though, you are guaranteed a good time and plenty to see.

mtbr member
    Sounds great, I can't wait to ride, especially in NC, thanks!