mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Park Tool Big Blue Book (BBB-3) or Instructor's Guide (BBB-3TG) for home mechanic?

Hi,

By mistake I got the Park Tool Instructor's Guide for Park Tool School (BBB-3TG) instead of their more basic Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair (BBB-3). I'm a beginner/intermediate home mechanic and I'm wondering if I should keep this book or exchange it for the BBB-3 (I already own the BBB-2).

Thanks.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    can you read an follow it?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    actually, after reading the description, I probably would exchange it.. seems that it's more on how to teach,.. order of ops to go over the bike more than what you actually need to know to do the repair...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I can read I just don't know the content since it's wrapped in plastic and I don't want to tear that up and not be able to return it. I'm looking for instructions on how to fix my bike , not on how to teach others how to fix their bikes. I was just wondering if this book would cover the latter or both.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ya, like I said, the description seems to point more on how to teach and get people to reference the actual mechanic's book... I'd return it and get the other... that and it might get ya confused when trying to find a specific repair ..

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    The Big Blue Book works great for me. I haven't looked at it in a while, but when I need to look up something, it usually has the info that I'm looking for.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I would get the BBB3 return the other unless u want to become a bike mechanic teacher. Also another handy parktool blog Park Tool Co. ยป ParkTool Blog