mtbr member
    Jun 2008

ok one more time on this parts washer :)

so i have had a few replies on this parts washer. its an ultrasonic/heat washer from crest ultrasonics.

Now for anyone out their who has used it(or any ultrasonic parts washer) id still love to hear your feedback on how it worked for ya.

More important id like too know if you have used it with store bought citrus cleaners vs the one supplied by crest(60$).

i had a reply from on person saying they used simple green but my experience has been it really messes up finishes.

the system uses a second bath which is a lube/cleaning solution i cant suspect that is replaced with something else, but if ya did im all ears.

thanks

banned
    What parts washer?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

here ya go

well the model number is bc1100ht. www.bikecleaners.com

Bearded highlighter
    Jun 2008
    looks like alot of money when a toothbrush and spray cleaner works pretty darn well.
    mountain bike parts are dirty almost all the time dont spend so much time worrying about having a clean bike and just go ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

:)

Well i co-own a bike shop and coordinate the service area so i wish our clientele would be a discerning as yourself damn affordable on our end!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

ultrasonic cleaner

I use an ultrasonic cleaner also. Dirty stuff is cleaned with Mineral Spirits, not so dirty is Simple Green diluted with water. I always rinse with HOT water and blow it dry with compressed air. I use it on bike parts, car parts, fishing reels, just about all my stuff that's small enough goes into the ultrasonic cleaner. I love the thing. lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

what model type

what brand do you use? i wouldnt mind checking it out. its beginning to sound like you can use whatever you want to clean the stuff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Me Ultrasonic cleaner

I now have a Grobet/Sonics 4. Ebay cheap $hit chinese piece. I WISH I had gotten the next larger one. I have used a ultrasonic cleaners for 30 years. I'm on my 2nd one. The first expired last year (old used Branson B52). We had a nice long wake for it. I guess a week or so, can't remember. Not as cheap as a pan, a scraper and a toothbrush. I did it that way for too many years. The ultrasonic cleaners are amazing, they clean well with plain water. You'll be dazed & amazed with Mineral Spirits.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I use ulta sonic cleaners all the time in my profession for cleaning aircraft parts, several brands and they all work well. I have used citrus, and various soap/water combinations depends on what I am cleaning. I usually rinse with hot water and air, again depending on what I am cleaning.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

nice

awesome stuff, thanks for the replies! looks like ill be going with more affordable cleaners!!

mtbr member
    Ultra sonic is a great way to clean high vacuum parts . Spooky, will the cleanier be less expenisive in the long run since you can charge the same and your techs can do whats important - fix stuff?

Anthony