mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Ok help install crank bro egg beater c

Ok, so this is the first time doing this and am laughing at myself. First got old pedals off.
    Installed cleats but did not really read instructions too well. So I think did not know there are small and long screws. Then did not tighten down all screws and while test riding one of the screws comes out (too funny).

So ok here is my question. You have the cleat, and shim, and silver (thing). I know what the shim does for height adjustment of shoe rub. But to install do you but the silver (thing) on shoe sole first then cleat. Or do you put the cleat on first then silver (thing) and screw in. I put the silver thing on shoe sole then cleat. I want to make sure I installed them correctly. I have slight problem trying to not have knee tightness or pain too but if can not get it correct placement of angle of cleat will take to lbs. My knees are worn from skiing and previous biking and ultimate playing.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Try looking at the Crank Bros website. I seem to recall seeing instructions and FAQa about this. I bought mine used and without instructions and the website was a big help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I went to website hoping to see something and nothing. It would have been cool in these times to have a video posted. You would think would you not in this youtube AGE? I know sony (even I know how to do it) has video on how to download songs to mp3. So this is why I made that statement. The instructions were not to clear for the silver (thing) do not know whatelse to call it?

mtbr member
    It is cleat first and the silver part goes on top before screwing in. Hope you get it set.