mtbr member

Niner hate crime

So how long will it take me to clean this bike up 50+ miles on sand over the last three days. chain is toast along with the super soft inner cog. otherwise i just have to get the grit and salt off the bike. don't let the niner shop know I went to charleston or my warranty might expire.

but seriously at 21.2lbs with a 2.2 and 2.4 ralph evo the beach ride was amazing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niner hate crime-img_2105.jpg  

Last edited by ep1nephr1ne; 06-11-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: photo
    women and bikes are my heaven

mtbr member
    Yeah, you might not want to put pictures of you and that bike on the forum, the guys in the shop and the manufacturers are on here too.

Plays with tools
    It's your bike you can ride it wherever you please.

mtbr member
    That's right, hopefully you don't buy the bike to hang on a mantle and admire. Ride and get your $$ out of it.

mtbr member
    I'm off to a good start 750 miles since feb 23. Not so bad for off road only. in general I'm happy. i just can't stand the EBB if your standing its out of control . so aside from hill climbs I'm happy as a clam.

ouch....
    Beach riding isn't that cad, just give it a good wash, and take done things apart to clean and regrease.
    Riding.....

ouch....
    Beach riding isn't that bad, just give it a good wash, and take done things apart to clean and regrease.
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    yea but if your lazy you won't have a bike after a year i stripped the bike the day i got back it looks just as good as day one minus the cheap avid rotors those were junk to start with now they are rusted junk

ouch....
    I agree! Def need to get rid of the grit &/or salt water residue from everything before it makes a huge mess. I had my fatbike out to the beach a few times, I just find a carwash with a bay (I know I know...no choice I was in hotels for work), make sure to use the light spray, no trigger, & avoid direct contact with bearings & hubs. Towel dry after, relube chain, good to go.
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If youre worried about salt, buy some SALTX to wash your bike down with.

mtbr member
    i wasn't worried but salts sounds interesting, i used the carwash method it worked out but it didn't get rid of the salt i took the bike completely apart as if i was rebuilding it, good as new now. if i was there every week id buy another bike. but it was a great weekend lots of sun and totally worth it, folly, sul and palms were all good edisto not so much.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    50/50 vinegar/water will help cut salt too. That is what I spray my bay boat, engine, trailer, rods and reels with after fishing.

they took the bar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1nephr1ne View Post
    So how long will it take me to clean this bike up 50+ miles on sand over the last three days. chain is toast along with the super soft inner cog. otherwise i just have to get the grit and salt off the bike. don't let the niner shop know I went to charleston or my warranty might expire.

but seriously at 21.2lbs with a 2.2 and 2.4 ralph evo the beach ride was amazing
    your secret is safe with us!

mtbr member
    I was hoping this was going to be about the video where the guy cuts through the frame to remove the chain from a Niner! Does anyone have a link to that video?