Niner hate crime

Printable View

• 06-11-2012
    ep1nephr1ne
    1 Attachment(s)
    Niner hate crime
    So how long will it take me to clean this bike up 50+ miles on sand over the last three days. chain is toast along with the super soft inner cog. otherwise i just have to get the grit and salt off the bike. don't let the niner shop know I went to charleston or my warranty might expire.

but seriously at 21.2lbs with a 2.2 and 2.4 ralph evo the beach ride was amazing
  • 06-11-2012
    bloodyknee
    Yeah, you might not want to put pictures of you and that bike on the forum, the guys in the shop and the manufacturers are on here too.
  • 06-11-2012
    customfab
    It's your bike you can ride it wherever you please.
  • 06-12-2012
    gmats
    That's right, hopefully you don't buy the bike to hang on a mantle and admire. Ride and get your $$ out of it.
  • 06-12-2012
    ep1nephr1ne
    I'm off to a good start 750 miles since feb 23. Not so bad for off road only. in general I'm happy. i just can't stand the EBB if your standing its out of control . so aside from hill climbs I'm happy as a clam.
  • 06-15-2012
    Shark
    Beach riding isn't that cad, just give it a good wash, and take done things apart to clean and regrease.
  • 06-15-2012
    Shark
    Beach riding isn't that bad, just give it a good wash, and take done things apart to clean and regrease.
  • 06-15-2012
    ep1nephr1ne
    yea but if your lazy you won't have a bike after a year i stripped the bike the day i got back it looks just as good as day one minus the cheap avid rotors those were junk to start with now they are rusted junk
  • 06-15-2012
    Shark
    I agree! Def need to get rid of the grit &/or salt water residue from everything before it makes a huge mess. I had my fatbike out to the beach a few times, I just find a carwash with a bay (I know I know...no choice I was in hotels for work), make sure to use the light spray, no trigger, & avoid direct contact with bearings & hubs. Towel dry after, relube chain, good to go.
  • 06-15-2012
    bing!
    If youre worried about salt, buy some SALTX to wash your bike down with.
  • 06-16-2012
    ep1nephr1ne
    i wasn't worried but salts sounds interesting, i used the carwash method it worked out but it didn't get rid of the salt i took the bike completely apart as if i was rebuilding it, good as new now. if i was there every week id buy another bike. but it was a great weekend lots of sun and totally worth it, folly, sul and palms were all good edisto not so much.
  • 06-19-2012
    hawkeye680
    50/50 vinegar/water will help cut salt too. That is what I spray my bay boat, engine, trailer, rods and reels with after fishing.
  • 01-03-2013
    javelina1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ep1nephr1ne View Post
    So how long will it take me to clean this bike up 50+ miles on sand over the last three days. chain is toast along with the super soft inner cog. otherwise i just have to get the grit and salt off the bike. don't let the niner shop know I went to charleston or my warranty might expire.

but seriously at 21.2lbs with a 2.2 and 2.4 ralph evo the beach ride was amazing

your secret is safe with us! :D
  • 01-03-2013
    crank1979
    I was hoping this was going to be about the video where the guy cuts through the frame to remove the chain from a Niner! Does anyone have a link to that video?