Rider, Builder, Dreamer

Lock-tite for frame pivot bearings?

I'm rebuilding the rear end of my Remedy, got new cartridge bearings, etc. Do I put LockTite between the cartridge and the inserts? If so, what color? Do I use grease instead? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Plays with tools
    It's very common in industry to using a bearing retaining compound for such applications. It depends on how tight the press fit is though. If the new bearing drops into the bore I would definitely put some retaining compound on them. If they press in with a fair bit of force it could go either way. I've used locktite 680 with good success but it's meant to fill big gaps (up to .015"). There are many other compounds out there and a stop by an industrial supply house will turn up something that will work.

Wouldn't hurt to check with the manufacture either.

Picture Unrelated
    Which inserts are we talking about? I agree with using a [small] bit of sleeve retainer on bearing surfaces when pressed into their seats in a frame or linkage but inserts sitting inboard of the bearing shouldn't need any retainer. Instead, I would use grease on anything that sits inboard of the bearing. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding the application, I've never had a Remedy apart to that level so I don't know exactly what inserts we're talking about.

Really, if you keep up with making sure that all bolts are torqued properly then grease will be all you ever need to keep the bike running well and quietly.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?