mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Lezyne Alloy Floor Drive accuracy at low pressures

Anyone have one of the Lezyne Alloy Floor Drive pumps, the non-Dirt model? I was looking at this pump because it's 16bar as opposed to the usual 11, so pumping my road tires up to high PSI would be easier. But I obviously want to use it on my mountain bike, too. There are two reviews on Amazon saying that the gauge is inaccurate at lower PSI. Can anyone verify or refute that?

mtbr member
    Most gauges are inaccurate at low pressures. You need a very good separate gauge to get true low readings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Interesting, thanks. Any recommendations for a presta valve gauge?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Have the same problem with my topeak

Yeah. I have the same problem. It's ok with road wheels not so much at say 27 psi. I bought one of these.

Amazon.com: AccuGage Tire Pressure Dial Gauge (160psi, Presta Valve): Sports & Outdoors

I'm hopeful it will be more accurate. I wish I could calibrate these things.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ok, I just received the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HVG in the mail and it is a beauty. The PSI markings are every 10psi but you can easily see 5psi increments. After doing some comparative tests the best way to read the gauge is by looking at the bottom of the red marker. If you read the gauge where the red marker makes contact with the cylinder wall (very thin red line) it does not give the best accuracy. I got repetitive accuracy by reading from the bottom of the red marker within 2-3psi. The gauge on the HVG model has markings all the way to 120psi but the HVG model has a max pressure of 90psi. It would have been nice for them to make a gauge with markings farther apart for more accuracy on the HVG model. Again, this is an emergency pump and the gauge is nice to have if you are stuck in the middle of no where with just your hand to gauge pressure. I also have a Topeak SmartGauge D2 which I would not recommend anyone to get, but maybe consider carrying a small digital pressure gauge.

Plays with tools
    The gauge may not be accurate at low pressure but it will be consistent, which is all that matters.