mtbr member

Knipex 8" Bolt Cutter?

KNIPEX 71 12 200 Comfort Grip High Leverage Cobolt Cutters with Spring - Amazon.com

Any applications for these 8" mini bolt cutters in bicycle related work? Certainly no good for cable or housing cutting, maybe good for spoke cutting. Any other ideas?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    spokes and fender stays

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Spokes and fenders, like reptilezs said, are the only real applications I can think of off the top of my head.

Get a pair of Knipex wire rope (cable) cutters instead, and keep a pair of large (7-8" overall length) dykes for cutting spokes/stays. For the number of times I've said to myself, "self, you could really use a pair of bolt cutters for this bike today" there have been many hundreds more that I've reached for the above two tools.

Plays with tools
    I got a pair of those with the normal grips to cut tig wire. They do make awesome spoke cutters and do a decent job of cutting cables , if they already happen to be in my hand. Knipex doesn't make a bad tool, if your using it for it's intended purpose.

Which way? Uphill.
    They would also make quick work of getting a chain off. Especially if it's an old rusted one or you are going to be tossing it anyways.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.