Eff U Gee Em
    Jan 2004

integrated floor pump ressure gauges

Howdy!

Any pressure gauge experts here? I decided I want to get rid of the worthless gauge on my floor pump (0-160psi) for something more appropriate like a 20-45psi gauge so I was wandering around the mcmaster-carr website to find a replacement, but my pump has some wacky gauge interface instead of the seemingly standard 1/4" npt (or whatever).

The bottom of my gauge has a square projection with a cylindrical projection in the center of the square. The cylinder projection has internal threads instead of external threads, but these are not used to attach to the pump. The gauge is sealed by an external ring that presses down on the gauge face while threading onto the plastic housing that contains the gauge; this causes the cylinder to press up against a rubber seal and make it airtight.

The square projection does nothing but prevent the gauge from rotating relative to the pump barrel.

Any ideas? I've got an industrial supply house nearby that I was gonna hit up as soon as I can to see if they've got anything in stock, but I'd like to know what I'm looking for when I go in.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    why not splice a gauge inline with the hose?

Stay thirsty my friends
    For the price of a gauge you can get a whole new pump, I bought one of these while I was out of town in PA for 6 weeks and got tired of the mini pump hassle. For $32 it is still going strong...3 years now. The gauge is accurate as checked against my Snap-On race car pressure gauge, pretty hard to go wrong when it was so inexpensive.

http://www.serfas.com/product_details.asp?ID=224

"Say good night to the bad guy."
    Tony Montana
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_TE...eature=related

Eff U Gee Em
    Jan 2004

already have a pump, thanks

looking for a more appropriate gauge for my uses. Cost doesn't matter.

Eff U Gee Em
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by reptilezs
    why not splice a gauge inline with the hose?
    Good idea, didn't think of that.