PM Me for Wood Fenders

Grease or Teflon Tape?

I've read through many differnt threads about using grease when installing a new integrated BB and using Teflon tape. I'm installing a Saint crank. I know there are alot of experienced builders out there...what say you?

...idios...
    I say grease, but just a little (2 or 3 peas-sized dabs), and add it to the BB shell not the cups. Most important thing is making sure you have solid and clean threads on the BB shell, especially with the HT2. Your LBS should be able chase the threads for around $10/20.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

PM Me for Wood Fenders

... and if we just ... Thanks!

Thanks, went in as smooth as butter... It's my first build and if all goes this nice then sweet.

First pic is arrival of the frame, the other is yesterdays crank install. Other than the Derailuers and whell set up Im at a stand still untill the rest of my headset gets here from Leader. Apparently they are out of some components and the heaset they sent me had a bad ring in it. They are going a great job at fixing things though. Brian and Chris are great to work with!

I'll post more as I go along. And with more questions..
    Last edited by TrekJeff; 12-10-2007 at 12:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekJeff
    I've read through many differnt threads about using grease when installing a new integrated BB and using Teflon tape. I'm installing a Saint crank. I know there are alot of experienced builders out there...what say you?
    I use 2 wraps of teflon tape on the cups and anti-seize on the bb threads.