mtbr member
    May 2013

Feedback Sports Bike Stand Height

Hi all, I just got a Feedback Sports Pro-Classic Bike Stand. I didn't really do a lot of research first, but LBS said it was a very good stand. I'm pretty happy with it except for one thing.

It holds my bike so low that it's impossible to work on my bike while standing up. Sitting on a 5 gallon bucket puts me at about the right height for the drivetrain. From what I can tell, I've got the clamp set as high as it will go. Since my seat tube is kind of slack (I guess?) the front wheel is only a few inches off the ground.

This is kind of a bummer, since I'm constantly going back and forth to the tool chest while working on my bike, and I'd rather stand up than squat or sit on a bucket all hunched over.

Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have this same stand... have you noticed that you can loosen up the top part of the upright pole and telescope the whole stand upwards? I can get the stand MUCH higher than I would ever want.

I usually open up the base, attach the bike, and then raise the stand to proper working height. Though you could certainly raise the stand before attaching the bike.....

Here is a picture from REI; you can see the part to loosen the upper part of the stand near the middle...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Yeah, I got it telescoped all the way up using the knob in the middle. This puts the clamp at about chest height. When I hang my bike on it, the drivetrain parts are at waist height, which is a weird height to try to stand at and work on it.

I think eye level would be ideal, but chest-height would work...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    So you want a bike stand where the drive train is chest high? That is a tall stand!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Well, I did a bunch of work on my bikes today, and I guess I'm getting used to it, just not what I expected. Seems like most of the ones I've seen in shops are taller, but maybe not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hello Skelldify, I'm sorry for your troubles, we want to make sure everyone is happy with our products. I wanted to ask if you could measure the height of the clamp head when it's fully extended. I believe you may have our Ultralight stand which is our more compact stand. This is the stand we sell to a lot of traveling mechanics as it folds down smaller and packs up more compact. This also means that the overall height is lower.

Once you measure the height please contact our tech support at 720-536-2369 and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

Thanks for your support and we'll look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jeff

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Just called Feedback Sports per their comment above. It seems I mistakenly bought the Ultralight stand, which is meant to be more compact for traveling. The Classic stand actually extends about a foot higher.

Huge thanks for Feedback Sports for clearing that up for me! Going to contact my LBS for a replacement.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Gotta love great customer service! I have had my stand for at least 5 years and it works as new. Great quality and value.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I just got the Feedback Sports Ultralight and use my old Sears Craftsman Rolling Creeper Seat when I need to work lower on the bike, and don't want to bend my back over.
    2014 Trek Superfly FS 9; 2013 Trek Domane 4.5

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I am waiting to find the pro elite stand on sale again. I just missed the amazon sale were it was 189.99 for xmas. Bummed, but can wait for the next deal even if it is xmas next year.