Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Eccentric Bottom Bracket (EBB) 1 X 9

922 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mtnbiker4life 
#1 ·
I am looking at a bike for sale that has the Eccentric Bottom Bracket and is currently set up as a 1 X 9. Can anyone tell me if this can be converted to a 3 X 9 and can I replace the EBB with a standard style Bottom Bracket. The Frame is a Carver if that helps.

#2 ·
crashnburk said:
I am looking at a bike for sale that has the Eccentric Bottom Bracket and is currently set up as a 1 X 9. Can anyone tell me if this can be converted to a 3 X 9 and can I replace the EBB with a standard style Bottom Bracket. The Frame is a Carver if that helps.
If it's 1 x 9 you might be able to go 3 x 9 depending on the crankset. You'll have to look and see if there are bolt hole for the granny gear. Assuming it only has a middle ring now. The outer ring will use the same bolt holes as the middle ring.

As far as the ECC, what do you want to do? There is a standard bottom bracket in there now, inside the ECC unit. No need to change it unless you want to lose a little weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.