mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Ebay Repair Stand

What does everyone think of this? I know it is not a park but would it be good enough for the home mechanic (derailleur adjustments, general maintenance, cleaning, etc)?

Ebay Stand

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i would pass on that stand

Old man on a bike
    Just a bit further down the page is this RAD Cycle Products Bicycle Repair Stand

Personally, I wouldn't bother with it.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I bought it...don't. I suppose it was serviceable but I was always worried about the bike falling off. It's not really stable. You won't save money with that stand...you'll just be paying $40 more for the one you want

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    yeah after doing some google searches i think I will probably build one of those DIY 'pipe stands'.

I see on amazon i can get the rubber inserts that go into the park clamps for about $15. So I will probably build some variation of this stand. With the primary variation being that i will insert the park rubber pads into the 2x4's and use some compression fittings to give the clamp the ability to rotate.

gunslinger
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder
    You won't save money with that stand...you'll just be paying $40 more for the one you want
    Very good point. I've said it before, cheap isn't always...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder
    I bought it...don't. I suppose it was serviceable but I was always worried about the bike falling off. It's not really stable. You won't save money with that stand...you'll just be paying $40 more for the one you want
    Unfortunately I totally agree. I purchased mine this summer and used it a couple times to service my bike but now it's mainly used as a bike display stand

I now have a Feedback repair stand and love it!

Members who have read this thread: 0