Huckin' trails

Custom 3 way wrench ?

Hi,

I'm looking to get a custom 3 way wrench, with a Phillips screwdriver, 5mm Allen and 10mm socket. Anything already made out there or like a 3/8" drive 3-way wrench that I can simply outfit with the proper sockets and bits I need for the job ?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Wow, yeah, interesting. I don't know if anyone makes a compact one.

Quick search I found this though.
    Tusk 3-Way Mini T-Handle Wrench Tool Kit - 1/4" Drive | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I did modify my set of fix-it-sticks to hold a 1/4" drive socket bit so I can change out bits to my liking.
    Fix It Sticks - A Fantastically Unique Bicycle Tool | Fix It Sticks manufacturing premium, innovative bike tools

Good luck with your search.

mtbr member

Re: Custom 3 way wrench ?

Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking to get a custom 3 way wrench, with a Phillips screwdriver, 5mm Allen and 10mm socket. Anything already made out there or like a 3/8" drive 3-way wrench that I can simply outfit with the proper sockets and bits I need for the job ?

Thanks.
    It may cheaper, easier, and more reliable to swap your phillips fasteners for Allen's, and buy or build a wrench for that.

sent remotely

Huckin' trails
    Thanks gmats, I saw those earlier. I really like the fix-it-stick concept too.

I just found this a few minutes back : Combo Y-Drive Wrench | Motion Pro

Custom 3 way wrench ?-08-0547_alt3.jpg

It's a 3 way wrench with 1/4" drive ended with a 4mm, 5mm and 6mm Allen wrench, and comes with a 8, 10 and 12mm sockets. It's exactly what I was looking for, I only have to put on the 10mm socket and a phillips 1/4" socket and I'm all set for $16 !

To answer squareback, it's because I'm putting bikes together out of the box and they are all v-brakes for the most part, and derailleur limits screws can't be bothered with, so the 5mm Allen allows me to adjust the brake pads, the 10mm socket to loosen and tighten the cable pinch nut of the brakes, then the phillips bit for adjusting brake arm spring tension. Then for limit screws on derailleurs, I'd use a regular screwdriver as the front derailleur doesn't have clearance to swing around a 3 way wrench. That way, I don't have to waste time holstering 3 different tools while adjusting the brakes.

But on my own bikes, you'd be damned to find a phillips screw in need of adjustment.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Plays with tools
    If you're doing something like that as a dedicated task I would bond your prefered bits into place. Those detents will only go so far to keeping your sockets in place. Plus they will wobble a bit, which isn't a huge deal but kind of slows things down.

I'm normally up for building custom tools for future reference.

Huckin' trails

Custom 3 way wrench ?

Customfab, if I had the knowledge and proper tooling/stock material, I'd do it myself too. If you can weld me that specific tool with a phillips bit (#1 I think ?), 5mm Allen and 10mm 6-point socket, go for it ! I'm not good enough at welding yet, nor do I know how the heck I will forge a 3-way handle haha

Huckin' trails

Custom 3 way wrench ?

Update. I did ordered the combo Y wrench from Motion Pro and got it a few weeks back. Didn't had the chance yet to try it out on a job, but everything looks good so far doing a little drivetrain tune-up and upgrade on my bike. Hex bits are snug and the 1/4" socket drives are sturdy. Should make for a fine addition to my tool chest.

mtbr member
    here is another option i have the 3/8 and the 1/4" version and they work great they are not real big/long so they get into some tighter areas.made bye a company called asv
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    surly karate monkey
    surly ogre