mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Cannondale Jekyll - Adjust bar height?

I inherited a Cannondale Jekyll from a friend of mine. I cannot figure out how to adjust the bar height. It's a tad to aggressive for me. Since I am "new" back to the world of cycling I don't know anything about some of the technologies. I took a picture to show everyone what I have and see if I can get some direction. Also, if someone can help me figure out the model of this bike, that would be great as well! I know next to nothing about it. Thanks for any help!

locked - time out
    Jan 2007
    DOn't think you can! Enjoy the bike though, good bike

MTBR Member
    Got a couple options...Add a stem with more rise, add a bar with more rise, or add both.

Unfortunately, they did not leave you any extra steerer tube, so you can't simply move the stem up a little further on the steerer tube. Replacing the fork would be a drastic/expensive option to fix the situation. If the fork needs to be replaced down the line, leave the steerer tube longer.

mtbr member
    You could get some riser bars.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    the fork is the cannondale size, so you will have more options with replacing the bar.

Also syntace makes an adjustable stem so you can play around with the reach/height.
    good ski/bike deals at www.mntlion.com

My life is better than your vacation.

mtbr member
    yeah, a riser bar is your easiest option. Since Cannondale used a larger than 1 1/8" steerer (1 1/4??), your options for a taller stem are limited. Best to ask on the cannondale forum regarding stem steerer size & bike model/year/etc.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

your stem

Cannondale stems are on e-bay all the time. The length and rise angle are encoded in those numbers shown in your photo, it looks like you have a 120mm length x 5 degree stem. I run a 130 x 35 stem on my XL Jekyll with Monkey Lite riser bars.