mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Avenir tools any good?

Just trying to find some feedback on this brand of tools. Has any one use them and how's the quality.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have their pedal wrench,I feel it is better than the park tool.I thought Avenir was gone or so old school that they are still living in the days of adjustable headsets? Like any tool mfg. they make some really good and really bad products you have to choose which ones

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    thanks for the input, I was thinking of the tool set for $55.00 and was considering order it but don't know much on this brand and can't get any good info on the net.

mtbr member
    55.00 for a set seems like a good price.

Hi.
    Be warned - a lot of those cheaper sets have really inferior components. One or two of the tools may work, but a lot of them are garbage. I know from experience.

Do you need a full set? What kind of wrenching will you be doing? You may be better off buying what you need and not getting all the extra crap.

If you're sold on a set, check this one out. I've had good experiences with Sette tools:

Sette ST-21 Tool Kit - 21 Tools at Price Point

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    When I wrenched in college we had mostly Park tools at the shop I worked at. You could tell the difference when you picked up something else. They are a little more expensive, but well worth it imo. now that I don't work at a bike shop, when I need a tool that's what I buy. Just bought a set of their cable cutters for $35 but they will last for ever.