There's always next year.

ATAC Pedal Problem

Hey guys-- looking for someone who might be able to help me. On a recent ride, I noticed one of the pedals moving slightly on the pedal shaft. I got off and noticed that the end cap had fallen off at some point in the ride. I've attached a photos to help-- I'd love to get a replacement cap--

I've emailed Time about it, but they were completely useless so far... "Where did you get this email address from" was their response... Hoping for help from somebody on the internets!

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The bearings are held in by that nut on the end. The end cap is just a cover. If you have side to side play, then that nut maybe loose. Tighten it down (10 mm socket IIRC) You have to get the end cap from an LBS.

They look like an XS version. You could also find the end caps on line somewhere.

Put something in the end until you get your end caps in. It best to keep the dirt out of there.

You are right about Time. They are useless for any help
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    what does your spindle at the threaded axle end (at the crankarm) look like? if it's tapered, with a rubber shield that slides up the taper, you need that dust cap to keep everything in place. The previous poster is correct, too, that nut you see threads onto the spindle the cartridge bearing sits on.