mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Anyone using the Blackburn Wayside frame pump?

I'm in the market for a decent pump with a built in gauge and hose and came across this WAYSIDE HYBRID PUMP. I've seen the Topeak pumps but the Blackburn has a lifetime warranty and seems to be a better quality (such as a metal foot vs the plastic Topeak). A LBS has a Topeak Shock & Roll and they say it's pretty stout but it's $90! The only problem I have is, there's not many reviews or info on the Wayside. Maybe it's because it's so heavy or bulky? I don't mind the size if the output is good and mounting it on the TT of my 29er shouldn't be an issue. Anyone have experience/input on this specific pump?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I may be way off but a pump that puts out 120# like that one can normally only be done by using low volume. It is a trade off, volume or pressure. I use a topeak which has lower output pressure but a larger volume with each stroke. I feel the Blackburn would be great for the roadies but not for the mtb people.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    It actually has a HP/HV switch. I went ahead and ordered one from the LBS for a good price so I hope it works great.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I'm really intrigued with that pump. Like your opinion after you've used it a few times. Little pricy still but looks well made
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/