mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Anyone used this headset press or the woodman press?

BIKEHAND Bike Bicycle Headset or BB Cup Press Install Tool YC-107: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

I really don't want to spend that much for something I'll rarely use. Bikeshop isn't and option.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just make your own for $5 worth of parts:
    (MkIII) Homemade Headset Tools...

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ya, what the Bad Mechanic said... (he's really not such a bad Mechanic )

I didn't bother searching around and there is a guy I ebay that sells a whole setup for like $15 or 20 bucks... get everything you need to take out the old headset, remove the crown race, and install everything new.. it's basically just nuts, bolts and washers like the home made unit Bad refered to, but you don't have to spend a day in homedepot/lowes searching and a lot of the home built sets always seem to forget the crown race removing and installing
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I pressed one with a large c-clamp and two small pieces of wood to protect the bearing cups. I just started looking around my shop to see what would work. When I saw the clamps, it hit me....and I was about to start looking for large bolts or a threaded rod etc...