Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone ever use one of these repair stands?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  wv_bob 
#1 ·
#6 ·
#7 ·
Best bang for the buck? Well, I recently made something like this bike stand:

home made bike stand

Looks kind of like this:

Cost me $12 for the 3/4 inch pipe clamp, and less than $10 for a 3/4 inch base flange, one 3/4" x 18" long pipe, 3/4 x 12" pipe, and a 3/4 inch elbow, and maybe $1.50 in bolts and nuts to bolt it to my work bench. Unlike the one on the website above that hangs from the ceiling, mine is bolted onto my garage work bench, right next to my bench vise. you'll need a drill with a 1" hole saw or spade bit. Maybe 30 minutes to one hour of shop time drilling holes and putting it together, and viola', you have an excellent work stand for under $25. When I don't want it on my work benck, I just unscrew it from the base (which is through bolted to the bench). Works perfectly.

#8 ·
I've got an Ultimate folding bike stand in my garage. It works great, but it is pricey and not real compact. If you want something cheap and portable, you might try this:

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1030272_-1_29501_20000_29504

It works pretty well. It was my only bike stand for years. I used it in my apartment while sitting on the floor. I keep it in my car now just in case I need to fix something at the trailhead.

#9 ·
They lost my interest when the audio started playing. They should've went ahead and put some big flashing bold text on the auction too, and maybe some dancing baby animated gifs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.