mtbr member
    May 2010

2010 boxxer world cup service

So I serviced my world cup forks and I have two questions.
    Before I did the service my bottom out adjustment knob wouldn't turn but when I put it back together it was working fine. The fork has been laying around for a couple of days and now its not budging again. The second issue is that the damper side is longer than the air spring side once the stanchions are assembled with the lowers. Any ideas as to what the issues may be and how to go about fixing them?
    Thanks

Picture Unrelated
    I can't say why your knob isn't working, perhaps some foreign object got in there and jammed up the damper?

Unless you have extra parts laying around, the damper doesn't need to be the same length as the spring side. Just put it all back together because the damper shaft "floats" in the travel of the fork. If you were to bottom out the damper side you would do some serious damage to the internals, I think that's why you will find it's slightly longer than the spring side.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hey thanks for the reply.
    The bottom out adjustment jams up because it was extended to the retaining clip and that jammed it. The fork has been put back together and it work perfectly.
    Thanks again