mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Bonking ... not feelin' well 2007 Fox Float Rl forks - successful home service but...

I've just managed to do a full service on my Fox Float RL's which has gone well, the forks
    are all back together and seem to be working fine.

Unfortunately in the pack of replacement parts there's a silver washer about 2mm thick. I haven't used it. What's it for?

Even more disturbingly I've found the same type of washer in the suspension fluid I drained off the forks.

Anyone know what this washer is and where it goes, the fox video doesn't mention it or the set of instructions I followed.

Cheers for your help

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It sounds like the washer that goes under the "bottom nut" on the lower legs.

Go to this "FoxHelp" page, click on "Service", then "Forks" and pick your model. Scroll down to the "To remove the 32MM Air Spring:" section and see if that is the washer.

TJT
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Without a photo, I'd agree that it's probably the crush washer. This helps seal the bottom of the fork so that your new oil doesn't get left on the trails!

mtbr member
    Yes, it is a crush washer and it is a spare for the bottom left foot nut. These normally don't need replacing after a service/overhaul.