Moderator Moderator

2005 Ultimate Repair Stand Lineup

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...03476#poststop

Very cool new Pro Elite Stand will be ready in April w/ ratchet close and push-button release. Check out the link for more details and pictures.

Brett @ Ultimate Support
    brettr at ussbike com
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    here in the UK, your Marketing is, frankly, crap.

They consistently come out top in all the surveys and you could sell a decent number of the stands, but you can't find them for love nor money. Get them on Wiggle/Chainreaction/BikeDock

Moderator Moderator
    Fieldgate,

We have a BRAND NEW distributor in the UK called Raw Experience. Our old distributor did virtually zero brand promotion or even dealer sell-in for that matter.

Be on the lookout for some changes rather quickly, as their first large stocking order from us is on the water as I type this.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

yes but...

Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    Fieldgate,

We have a BRAND NEW distributor in the UK called Raw Experience. Our old distributor did virtually zero brand promotion or even dealer sell-in for that matter.

Be on the lookout for some changes rather quickly, as their first large stocking order from us is on the water as I type this.

Initially I was hopeful that this would be good - then....
    a) looked on their web-site....no mention
    b) tried to phone them...they shut at 4:30 on a Friday

Its not rocket science trying to offer decent customer support, but so far, without wishing to be over-negative: "frankly crap" is still the current thought process.

So sorry, I work 8:00am to 7:00pm 5-days, I've just bought a Park Tool's over the web - from Wiggle. I don't need to leave my desk, it will be delivered to my door (for zero cost) & will be there for tomorrow for me to work on bike over weekend.

I'm sure this is because of a period of hand-over etc etc and wish you well for the future

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieldgate
    I'm sure this is because of a period of hand-over etc etc and wish you well for the future
    Bingo. We'll be up and running soon in all the major UK players. Once they get set up the sell-in process to UK dealers will begin.

I know it's been hard for folks to find our stuff in UK....especially with UK Mags coming out w/ reviews like this from Singletrack Mag...
    Attached Images Attached Images

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieldgate
    So sorry, I work 8:00am to 7:00pm 5-days, I've just bought a Park Tool's over the web - from Wiggle. I don't need to leave my desk, it will be delivered to my door (for zero cost) & will be there for tomorrow for me to work on bike over weekend.
    That's no reason to lower your standards! (just kidding... well, partially kidding...).

Over here, just a few years ago, the Ultimates took second seat to Park in most shops. But they gained a groundswell of popularity because of how well they work, how compact they are, construction quality, etc.

It took some time for casual shoppers and local shops to catch on, because Park has such a dominant presence. But we're at the point now where the majority of stands you see in the pits are Ultimates, and they stand in a position of prominence in local shops' window displays and on the floors of giants such as REI.

Sometimes seeking out the best gear isn't the most convenient.

Last edited by Speedub.Nate; 03-04-2005 at 04:25 PM.

mtbr member

Good job!

Well those 2005 stands, particularly the new high-zoot item, look great! The problem that Ultimate has is that my ancient Ultimate stand that's traveled to races and rides, been the workstand for assembling bikes of all kinds and etc... well, it's still working fine.

So, all I can do is be jealous and bitter about that swank new clamping arm...even as I'm still proud of "the Chris King of workstands" everytime I bust it out.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Quote Originally Posted by EBasil
    Well those 2005 stands, particularly the new high-zoot item, look great! The problem that Ultimate has is that my ancient Ultimate stand that's traveled to races and rides, been the workstand for assembling bikes of all kinds and etc... well, it's still working fine.

So, all I can do is be jealous and bitter about that swank new clamping arm...even as I'm still proud of "the Chris King of workstands" everytime I bust it out.
    No joke. If I had to buy again, I'd probably choose at least the Pro model.

But the "lowly" Consumer model I purchased on Super Bowl Sunday four or five years ago really leaves little to be desired, and works as well today as it did on day one.

UKMac

Raw Experience should improve things quickly

Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    Fieldgate,

They are one of the best in the UK in terms of customer service. One of their guys took apart a fork to get me a part he'd never seen fail (so they didn't have it on the shelf) when I broke it on a ride just before I left on a mountain bike vacation. It was in my mail slot the next day, no charge! I now deliberately seek out products that they distribute!