mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Yet another slackset thread...[sorry]

I currently have a large v2 el guapo, with 1 1/8 forks & Hope headset but I want to fit the slackset headset.

From what I've gathered, some V2's will accept slacksets, but there were a batch of V2's that weren't manufactured properly and the ream wasnt deep enough [9mm]. My headtube has no lip inside and is smooth all the way through at a diameter of 33mm.

After thinking this was one of the lucky frames, I ordered the headset for a large frame but its diameter is 43mm.

a] do i have the wrong frame?
    b] the wrong headset?
    c] am i being thick?

mtbr member
    Pictures?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Do these help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yet another slackset thread...[sorry]-ht01.jpg  

Yet another slackset thread...[sorry]-ht02.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks like your frame is a 2010 with a full 1.5" headtube? If so its actually a V1, V2's dont have the cable guides side mounted and have tapered headtubes (1.5" bottom/1 1/8" top). So what you are saying is that the slackset top cup is too small for the top of your frame?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Its got a straight 1 1/18 headtube, not tapered and the cups dont fit in the top or bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yet another slackset thread...[sorry]-screen-shot-2012-09-04-15.41.48.jpg  

mtbr member
    You have the orignal Guapo. No the slackset wont fit. Sorry, it was hard to tell from the first pics you posted.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    So its a V1 not a V2?? Whats the difference?

mtbr member
    Not even really what everyone considers a v1. The v1 started in 2009. You have what I would call v.1 I belive that is a 2008.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    So V1 was considered 2009-2010 which had a 1.5" headtube, V2 was 2011 which had a tapered headtube, V3 is the current model. When OnOne took over Titus they named the current model V1 when actually it was V2 because your model was a 2008 which was the first year the Guapo was produced (I believe). Your model has a 1 1/8" headtube and a different front triangle then the the current models. The current model should be V4 but OnOne decided to start the history when they took possesion of the company. A bit confusing I know.

mtbr member
    v.5? v1/2 ?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Well thats all very disappointing. Thanks for clearing that up. Need to find something else to buy then!