Thread: A Year of Titus

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

A Year of Titus

So where did your Titus take you this past year? ......I have a lot of fond memories of this year on my Titus.

Spring In Arizona
    Racing with no hands In Vermont
    Christmas in North Carolina
    Weekly rides with the girls
    Beautiful fall foliage in NJ ....
    for weeks and seemed never ending
    Riding the trail I built

Happy New Year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

So is your face
    Wow, gorgeous shots. I'm jealous of all the places you've gotten to ride in the last year.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

mtbr member

happy new year !

great photos , now I recall I saw you in the bike festival last September .

next time I see you I will introduce myself ...
    BTW- I'm in MTBNJ under same user name and same avatar /

Happy new year for all forum members !!

mtbr member
    BTW - camppmore has a a special place in my heart ,10 years ago on the way to a backpack trip with my wife to South America we bought most of our equipment there .
    few days latter we were doing a 5 days hike in the "Torres Del paine" in Chile...

thats right living legend
    Your pretty hot.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

banned
    Can't mistake the foliage and rocks of the NE. Still looks familiar. Not a titus, but it doesn't matter. Moved to Europe and now doing epic rides in places I've never imagined I'd be and riding trails I never thought I would and seeing things I've only read about in textbooks or seen on maps of the world.

Happy New Year!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice pics! I will try to get out towards Oregon this year, along with new parts of Colorado and hopefully, California as well.

Unfortunately, I have not had my Titus for very long but I plan on some true epics on it this year. This pic is from today- my New Year's ride....Dakota Ridge in the Front Range of Colorado

mtbr member

The Best Ride of 2008

Nice Pics everyone! By far the best ride I had this year on my Motolite was on Georgia Pinhoti trail- The Motolite was at its very best. The dam thing was a machine-bulletproof and solid. I enjoyed marveling at the operation of the bike over the trail. I kept thinking wow the motolite is rocking. Rocky and Technical yet full of great smooth singletrack- this trail is heaven and goes on forever I believe end to end it can be 30++ miles. The pictures do not do the trail justice it is awesome. I was able to put 5 hours in on this day and did not even complete 1/2 the length. The trail is all ridgeline. Check it out on the web, lots of options for entry and exit. Good Epic ride and perfect for a camp out. If you are ever in NW GA stop by-you wont regret it. I look forward to next spring!!
    Last edited by Wick; 01-02-2009 at 05:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I rode in england and korea this year, but my titus stayed home
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

NOT Team Sanchez
    nice shots.....you built the trail in the last shot? Building trails is nearly as fun as riding them!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    nice shots.....you built the trail in the last shot? Building trails is nearly as fun as riding them!
    Yes, building a trail is awesome! Although I spent many hours working on the trail, I also had the help of many volunteer mountain bikers that I am indebted to for their time and hard work. Without them, a job this large may have taken me a lifetime.

New trail approval is quite difficult in this park, between endangered species, numerous historical sites and a well established hiker group that would prefer to not to share the trails. But by working with one understanding hiker, the park rules and perhaps some luck, my husband managed to get nearly 3 miles of trail approved through some incredible rugged terrain.

The process went from February with design, gps and formal proposal to October finale with the IMBA TCC visit. My husband and I spent much time on the design, trying to utilize the natural rock features to the maximum, and making it fun and challenging in both directions. Over 800 volunteer hours went into the project.

It is quite rewarding to ride down the trail now and see so many mountain bikers flocking to the trail. People come up and thank me and tell me how much they enjoy the trail in both directions. It was certainly one of the highlights of 2008. It is double rewarding to ride my moto-lite on a trail inwhich I helped create. No matter how tired I am at the end of a ride, when I take the trail back to the lot, I always come alive.

Some video clips of a section I call the blowhole here:
    http://teamcampmor.blogspot.com/2008...-skin-cat.html

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Did you ride Pinhoti North?

Quote Originally Posted by Wick
    Nice Pics everyone! By far the best ride I had this year on my Motolite was on Georgia Pinhoti trail- The Motolite was at its very best. The dam thing was a machine-bulletproof and solid. I enjoyed marveling at the operation of the bike over the trail. I kept thinking wow the motolite is rocking. Rocky and Technical yet full of great smooth singletrack- this trail is heaven and goes on forever I believe end to end it can be 30++ miles. The pictures do not do the trail justice it is awesome. I was able to put 5 hours in on this day and did not even complete 1/2 the length. The trail is all ridgeline. Check it out on the web, lots of options for entry and exit. Good Epic ride and perfect for a camp out. If you are ever in NW GA stop by-you wont regret it. I look forward to next spring!!
    Wick, glad to see you made it to the Pinhoti trail a few months after my brief writeup about it. Did you enjoy the north part near transmission towers? Rocky isn't it? That's the only trail that I miss in NW Georgia and Chatt, TN area since moving away. I'm glad you consider it one of your best rides. When I take a road trip to NW Georgia to visit friends, I plan to hit that trail again!
    Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.

NOT Team Sanchez
    WOW! you really did a lot of work, both on the dirt and the red tape......I too built a trail, it's a freeride trail (44 and counting stunts) that's pseudo legal, I've never been told I could or that I couldn't, I'm afraid to ask and have it shut down....In fact I asked one of our city councilman who's a family friend what I should do and he said to keep it quiet, ride it, and enjoy it.......actually where I'm from the BLM is cool with trails so long as they're not on the desert reserve.......half of our trails are similar to mine, I'm feeling better already just talkin' about it, justification is a beautiful thing huh
    I like bikes.

A Superhero Named Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Your pretty hot.

You really have a way with the ladies...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust95
    Wick, glad to see you made it to the Pinhoti trail a few months after my brief writeup about it. Did you enjoy the north part near transmission towers? Rocky isn't it? That's the only trail that I miss in NW Georgia and Chatt, TN area since moving away. I'm glad you consider it one of your best rides. When I take a road trip to NW Georgia to visit friends, I plan to hit that trail again!

Aust95- thanks for the reply and you are right it is an incredible trail- I hated to leave the trail that sunny day- it took all my discipline to turn around;( but my wife and son were nice enough to let me have almost a full day to myself- and we still had 2 hour drive back to NE Atlanta. I hope to spend two full days there this spring. Maybe find a nice campsite or just a cheap hotel room near the trailhead.

Members who have read this thread: 0