mtnjam

x-post from Shocks

older model Fox shox?

My last plea for help before I switch it back to the 4.5" rockers, either that or get a bigger fork.

"El Whatever"
    Bro,

I have not understood up to now what you wanted...

I see you have the HV sleeve... I have the normal sleeve.
    As you may see in the pics it's under 42mm.

I have wanted to try out the HV sleeve... we can trade them if you want.

My sleeve has almost brand new seals. Only four or so rides on them.

Last edited by Warp; 06-02-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    Check my Site

mtnjam
    I guess a picture says a thousand words, Warp.

A trade sounds good to me. The HV sleeve has a nice plush feel to it....I think you'll like it on the Switchblade. I've only put in 5 rides on the shock since I got it, so it's in good shape.

So just to be certain before we trade, the normal sleeve is the same diameter all for the entire lenght of the can (i.e. it doesn't have the tapered end like the RP3?) so it'll fit between the rockers can side down.

Thanks again for all your help Warp.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    I guess a picture says a thousand words, Warp.

A trade sounds good to me. The HV sleeve has a nice plush feel to it....I think you'll like it on the Switchblade. I've only put in 5 rides on the shock since I got it, so it's in good shape.

So just to be certain before we trade, the normal sleeve is the same diameter all for the entire lenght of the can (i.e. it doesn't have the tapered end like the RP3?) so it'll fit between the rockers can side down.

Thanks again for all your help Warp.

It's like this...

The '05 and newer Floats (no matter if they're R, RP3 or RP23) are the same shock on the outside, just the levers and internals change.
    If it may work, let me know...
    Check my Site

the 36 year old grom
    call fox,
    fox used to make a thing called a "gonzo valve" its a low profile right angle schraider valve. its a bango fiting. you remove your air valve and install the new one. it might be low profile enough so you can slide it deeper into the frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    call fox,
    fox used to make a thing called a "gonzo valve" its a low profile right angle schraider valve. its a bango fiting. you remove your air valve and install the new one. it might be low profile enough so you can slide it deeper into the frame.
    I think Warp is getting all hot and bothered for the sleeve... leave him be

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    ... either that or get a bigger fork.
    what fork is on now ... and what is proposed ?~?

mtnjam
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    what fork is on now ... and what is proposed ?~?
    At present it has a Float 100RLC that I just had rebuilt. That fork works perfectly with the 4.5" setup, but steepens the head angle too much for the longer rockers. I'm not quite sure what I'm gonna replace it with yet. I see Warp has the AM1 on his and another guy had the Nixon on his.

On the shock mountain option, Warp, I guess there is always putting 2mm of spacers on each rocker mount bolt to give a little more room to fit the shock. I'm waiting to hear back from a few people to see if they have an old school shock or if I can get the gonzo valve to work first before I do that.