FM
    luxatio erecta

X-post: Motolite Norcal roadtrip!

Hello Titus Nation!
    Just got back from a great vacation-
    Czech it out here!

The motolite absolutely rocked. I realized that some of the geometry characteristics that I'd been questioning on our local winter "FR-lite" trails, were perfect for the fast rocky stuff down there, and are perfect for the summer riding I do here too. So I am again %100 stoked on the motolite! The TST cartridge needs a bleed though, and my GD post needs a good lube job after butcher ranch. Anyways, got some great helmet cam footage, stay tuned....

the 36 year old grom
    yeah I did the point to point Downieville race with the motolite last year. pre -road it twice. and it was the perfect amount of bike for me. also did it on my SuMo. wasn't any faster, it was just less exciting.

glad you liked it. I normally wait for the snow to melt, but what the hay.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    FM, as I posted on the other thread... that kind of family trip rocks!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    yeah I did the point to point Downieville race with the motolite last year. pre -road it twice. and it was the perfect amount of bike for me. also did it on my SuMo. wasn't any faster, it was just less exciting.
    For the trails in that area, I can see how the motolite with a lighter/quicker-handling build than I run would be really fun. My bike, with the coil rear and tall fork, ate up the downhills! It feels even stiffer now, both in front and back, with the bolt on wheels. I loved the rocky climbs down there, with moderate grades... technical middle ring climbing! Not something we have here at home.

It was interesting talking to DGC and the D-ville locals about land management and trail construction. Obviously the FS/DNR keeps a pretty tight rain on building. Up here, people woudl be re-routing the trail over all the rock faces, and moving rocks around to make berms and jumps!

I was surprised how much uphill is invloved in the D-ville DH. It was really fun!

ಠ_ಠ
    what kind of rotor are you running up front. looks like a marta SL?

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    what kind of rotor are you running up front. looks like a marta SL?
    It's made by "braking"-

I got it through go-ride.com, looked for a link but it looks like they no longer carry it? Anyways, the brakes are older shimano XT 4-piston, upgraded with hope hoses. Too good to replace with something newer!

the 36 year old grom
    Braking.... nice stuff. would like to try it someday. here is a link.

http://www.braking.com/bk/home.asp?sel_lingua=eng

the 36 year old grom
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I was surprised how much uphill is invloved in the D-ville DH. It was really fun!
    the downieville classic is in july... highly recomended.

I found a print out of my downieville XC race from my Garmin. have very fond memorys. did great, except for a bout with leg cramps (17 min. stop). finished in 3:50. which is slow. my buddy finished in 2:50, which is solid time for sport class..

you do most of the DH course in the XC race(excpet the top of butchers ranch). its a real XC race.
    Attached Images Attached Images