Thread: X carbon Shock

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

X carbon Shock

I'm training for a couple of 100 mile races and I'm wanting to put 2 bottles on my bike. I'm using a seatpost mount and wanted to use the downtube as my other location. The problem: my medium frame, even with a side entry cage, is too tight. My bottle hits my propedal lever. My question: can I flip my shock to give more room for bottle exit? Would it effect how the shock would preform and mount properly with the top going to the bottom? thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Shock position

Quote Originally Posted by IronXterra12
    I'm training for a couple of 100 mile races and I'm wanting to put 2 bottles on my bike. I'm using a seatpost mount and wanted to use the downtube as my other location. The problem: my medium frame, even with a side entry cage, is too tight. My bottle hits my propedal lever. My question: can I flip my shock to give more room for bottle exit? Would it effect how the shock would preform and mount properly with the top going to the bottom? thanks in advance for any help.
    There is no performance issues with flipping the shock over. You will have to switch the shock reducers as well as they are front/rear specific.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    This is great news...thanks Ben. do you know the torque on the shock mounting bolts?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IronXterra12
    This is great news...thanks Ben. do you know the torque on the shock mounting bolts?
    Use the torque specs from the Racer X assembly doc that is on the www.titusti.com website under the support tab.