mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Wife says motolite is too much bike for her

Well a couple of years ago I bought my wife one of the last of the leftover motolites that backcountry was selling at the time. Which I guess makes it a 2008 or 2009 model. It's a size small in blue. Has the carbon seat stays but isn't a light rail. Did they make a motolite in 2009?
    Anyways after a few rides a year for a few years she has basically decided that it is just way more bike than she will ever use. She says the same about her dedicated road bike. In the interest of minimizing and simplifying she would like to have one bike to do everything. Something like my new Salsa Fargo that would be good on the road and on double track and dirt roads.

What would be the most efficient way to make the swap? Since the motolite was freight shipped to us I would rather not sell it as a complete bike (plus I would like to keep the shifters, brakes, and derailleurs to use on her new bike).

Sell just the frame? Any idea what I can expect pricewise?
    I searched completed listings on ebay but there wasn't much there.

Sell frame fork and headset? The frame has a nice 120mm fox fork on it and a fox rear shock.

Any advice would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    What model Fox fork? I could be interested in purchasing from you? Also, selling the frame by itself will ease the cost of shipping as well, i suggest going w/ that option.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The fox fork is an f120 I think it's an R or an RL. Standard QR dropouts. It's pretty much mint.
    I may part the whole thing out or may sell the frame and fork together. Waiting on the final word from the wife.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    If the frame is in great shape, expect $600 give or take $50.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mnigro View Post
    If the frame is in great shape, expect $600 give or take $50.
    It's pretty close to mint. Has maybe 150 miles on it. Always kept in the garage. Thanks