mtbr member
    May 2004

Why no Titus at Outerbike

I took the trip out to Moab with my brother last weekend. I used my Diggle and built up my EG frame for my brother to ride. Then I found out that Outerbike was in town, sweet. On Friday we had ridden in Fruita (saw a couple Motolite and FTM's), then drove to Moab, set up our tent, and went to check out Outerbike. It was around 4pm when we arrived and was let down because things were rapping up for the day. So we made a quick circuit around the place and checked out the different manufacturers. I was kinda disappointed that Titus wasn't there.
    The next day we rode the Whole Enchilada. On our shuttle there was an exo-grind Racer X and a Motolite. One of the guys commented he just got the bike (the used exo-grind) and loved it. Latter in the ride we met some more Titus riders (an X and two FTM's). They commented on how they loved their Titus' but one of the lady rides said Titus was out of business. I told her about them being bought out by On-One so they are still alive and kicking.
    This gets me thinking that people love their Titus rides, the current value/pricing can't be beat but not a lot of people know about Titus and that they still exist. I can agree with being online only and not having distributors. But for god's sake show up at Interbike, Outerbike, Sea Otter and the one big bike event in Europe. Get the word out about Titus! Let people personally see and ride the bikes, then they will be hooked!

Chris

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l View Post
    I took the trip out to Moab with my brother last weekend. I used my Diggle and built up my EG frame for my brother to ride. Then I found out that Outerbike was in town, sweet. On Friday we had ridden in Fruita (saw a couple Motolite and FTM's), then drove to Moab, set up our tent, and went to check out Outerbike. It was around 4pm when we arrived and was let down because things were rapping up for the day. So we made a quick circuit around the place and checked out the different manufacturers. I was kinda disappointed that Titus wasn't there.
    The next day we rode the Whole Enchilada. On our shuttle there was an exo-grind Racer X and a Motolite. One of the guys commented he just got the bike (the used exo-grind) and loved it. Latter in the ride we met some more Titus riders (an X and two FTM's). They commented on how they loved their Titus' but one of the lady rides said Titus was out of business. I told her about them being bought out by On-One so they are still alive and kicking.
    This gets me thinking that people love their Titus rides, the current value/pricing can't be beat but not a lot of people know about Titus and that they still exist. I can agree with being online only and not having distributors. But for god's sake show up at Interbike, Outerbike, Sea Otter and the one big bike event in Europe. Get the word out about Titus! Let people personally see and ride the bikes, then they will be hooked!

Chris

You are right in your statement that many people think Titus is out of business. I have heard that very many people on the east coast.

mtbr member
    Titus was at Sea Otter. Going to Interbike with the direct sale philosophy doesnt make sense. Interbike is a way to connect to distributors and retailers, none of which Titus uses, plus it costs a small fortune to enter the show. Cannondale, Trek, Transition, & Norco (to name a few) were all absent at Interbike. I remember seeing pics of the EG 29 proto from Eurobike, I think On One was there with that bike.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Titus was at Sea Otter. Going to Interbike with the direct sale philosophy doesnt make sense. Interbike is a way to connect to distributors and retailers, none of which Titus uses, plus it costs a small fortune to enter the show. Cannondale, Trek, Transition, & Norco (to name a few) were all absent at Interbike. I remember seeing pics of the EG 29 proto from Eurobike, I think On One was there with that bike.
    Wouldn't the direct sale philosophy line up well with Outerbike?

One could argue that once CC took on a partner that Titus was out of business...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

More schwag..

Get some quality tee's.. And some hats, stuff that people would actually wear

mtbr member
    T-shirts t-shirt T-SHIRTS!!!! Kids love 'em! and hodies too!

Why no Titus at Outerbike
    The're to busy trying to figure out why the BB was so low on the new v3 'guapo.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    T-shirts t-shirt T-SHIRTS!!!! Kids love 'em! and hodies too!

The're to busy trying to figure out why the BB was so low on the new v3 'guapo.

LOL, that was a LOW blow