mtbr member

Why doesn't Titus build an XL Motolite?

I'm in the market for a 5 inch travel bike after being on a Santa Cruz Superlight for the last 6 years. Just got back from the Titus dealer. They said I'd have to get a custom frame since a Large would be too small for me (I'm 6' 3" with a 36 inch inseam).

Are enough people out there my size to warrant building a bigger frame size, or am I just some circus freak?

(Guess I'll buy the Blur LT)

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Walla
    I'm in the market for a 5 inch travel bike after being on a Santa Cruz Superlight for the last 6 years. Just got back from the Titus dealer. They said I'd have to get a custom frame since a Large would be too small for me (I'm 6' 3" with a 36 inch inseam).

Are enough people out there my size to warrant building a bigger frame size, or am I just some circus freak?

I think a Large ML would fit you. It just depends on your body geometry. I don't know if you have tested a Blur, but I've heard that Santa Cruz geometry is kinda short in the tob tube lenght.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Walla

I am 6' 3' and have a 36" inseam. My large Moto Lite fits fine. The seat post is a bit exposed, but not strength compromising or freakish looking. I run a 110 mm stem and a straight post and feel stretched out just right. I initially had the same concerns about the lack of an extra large size, but after reading the specs listed on their website and comparing them with other company's large and x-large frames (santa cruz included), I think the Moto Lite large runs big by comparison. I love mine by the way. It is perfect for big guys ( I weigh 200lbs.) who want to climb and trail ride all day but whack the crap out of cross country bikes. Good luck.