Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I'm guessing shallow counterbore for upper headset on V2?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    you're 1/3 right. the head angle & BB height was changed w/o notice ending up way off of website listed geo.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    sorry guys no need to argue. looks like i'll hopefully be having a replacement and there aren't so many people affected anyway.. all good news for on-one, and their customers too.
    i'm not upset about this btw, just wanted to understand better before going through a return, building a new bike etc.
    horrible weather for riding in the UK right now anyway so a good time to do this. thanks all.
    hello mate...

just reading the long thread about the low BB on the titus el guapo...

i too have an EG with, what i consider, the wrong height BB. According to the Titus website says it should be 24.5cm, mine is 22.5cm....

Just wondering if you managed to get a new frame from On-one without any hassle, or what (if any) hoops you had to jump through?

cheers
    rob (rob_g_clarkson AT yahoo DOT com)

mtbr member
    May 2008
    on-one haven't got back to me yet, i thought they would but i'll have to chase them next week.

interesting to me the bb drop we have is what the 29er will have, on a 29er the axles are (i guess) 1.5 inches higher so that's ok!

your 2cm approx 3/4" out matches what me and a few others have found btw... i'm thinking i was right the first time about this.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post

so i was riding my super low EG today, having a good time, sliding around in mud and not falling over, and remembered this pic from Deerhill.

if you Brant, just did this piece with dropout 3/4" lower, you'd solve this cheaper than replacing whole frames? steeper seat and head angles but that's ok, they're slack enough? hell you'd probably get some of us buying it just to try (easier than rebuilding whole bike). I dunno if that can be done from same casting or however it's machined down?

downsides: still no 650b, for those who care (i don't). to fit that you'd also need a new chainstay piece to get tyre clearance. and i've no idea about the economics.

just a thought. wish i had a machine shop and all the toys you need.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-25-2012 at 04:42 PM.

mtbr member
    I think I may have found the issue. Between my two eg' frames the V3 has the shock mount at the frame quite a bit farther forward vs the v1.

The gap between the chain stay loop on the v1 is quite a bit tighter than on the v3. My best guess is when the top tube was lengthend the shock mount wasn't mooved back far enough.

Am I right?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    May 2008
    if you pushed the shock mount back the seatstays wouldn't fit around the seatube?
    'gap between chainstay loop'? do you mean seatstay?
    sounds like you're on right track. this hurts my brain.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-25-2012 at 05:27 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    unnecessary rant... retracted
    Last edited by rob_g_clarkson; 11-26-2012 at 04:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Post 51 ...

Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    I think I may have found the issue. Between my two eg' frames the V3 has the shock mount at the frame quite a bit farther forward vs the v1.

The gap between the seatstay loop on the v1 is quite a bit tighter than on the v3. My best guess is when the top tube was lengthend the shock mount wasn't mooved back far enough.

Am I right?
    I was thinking the same but no one has said anything, you would know with both versions. Measure i2i with v3 loop moved same distance to the seat tube as v1.. With bigger shock what you have like 7" travel now???
    Last edited by Deerhill; 11-25-2012 at 07:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    building my 2012 El Guapo (is it V3?) using RS Lyrik RL2C, my BB height is 13"
    I'll post the pict & detailed component right after it fully completed

mtbr member
    'gap between chainstay loop'? do you mean seatstay?
    yeah brain fart, meant seatstay loop.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post

The gap between the chain stay loop on the v1 is quite a bit tighter than on the v3. My best guess is when the top tube was lengthend the shock mount wasn't mooved back far enough.

Am I right?
    I dunno. But I think moving the shock mount alone would give you also slacker angles, including the seat tube one.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2012
    just spoke to on one, got to say they were very helpful indeed... there's a new batch of frames due in shortly and they're gonna take a look things and try to get to the bottom of it...

can't really say fairer than that...

mtbr member
    Guys, here's mine...

This is how I measured:

I got a Marzocchi cr switch 170-130 556mm long and a -1 slackset...
    I got a 12mm drop. With a "normal" headset with 15mm ext. cup I should have a 5.33mm rise(!) since my fork is 16mm longer than the one used for the measurement by Brant. My difference is the slackset which I don't know how long it lowers the bb....

Can anyone tell me if I am out off specks and which number should be the correct one?
    Last edited by George Gr; 11-30-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    May 2012
    still no new stock with on-one yet....

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i have placed an order 2 weeks ago.
    they said it will be here in early Jan

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    i have placed an order 2 weeks ago.
    they said it will be here in early Jan
    I just pre-order my frame. And i got an email today, on-one sale says that:"the stock is not due to arrive until mid-late January."

So I hope that I get my frame in February...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    I just pre-order my frame. And i got an email today, on-one sale says that:"the stock is not due to arrive until mid-late January."

So I hope that I get my frame in February...
    oh my, at first it was early Jan.

mtbr member
    expect the worst hope for the best.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    oh my, at first it was early Jan.

Nope, first was early December...

Oh well..

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hösö View Post
    Nope, first was early December...

Oh well..
    my Q is, what have you ordered? an El Guapo?, V4.0? if so, what are they telling ya the geometry is? surely, they're not shipping out the same V3 fiasco, or are they?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Jeah, i order EG. Dunno about the version... Versio 3.5?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    my Q is, what have you ordered? an El Guapo?, V4.0? if so, what are they telling ya the geometry is? surely, they're not shipping out the same V3 fiasco, or are they?
    Hope they are not.

I was told on 30 Nov that if I ordered on that day, I could get the frame in Mid Dec.
    But when I ordered, they told me it needed another 6 weeks, which puts it to mid-Jan.

Hope they are able to ship the frame to me in Jan.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Ive got lower bb than expected too, but I like it this way. Very stable and controlled ride everywhere, just need to get used to it. Now, if I pump a bit more pressure in my shock to raise bb when on the bike I feel myself very uncomfortable even on plain asphalt, low bb works fine for me :P

Deere Rider
    Can't get the new polished frame EG out of my mind. I read through the thread so I hope I didn't miss this but...does anyone have confirmation that this next round of frames will have the BB issue corrected?

Also, did I read somewhere that the BB drop was designed to be 0, or in line with the axles?

Thanks for any assistance.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast