Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 891
  1. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    303
    yeah i was going to say same thing, as long as On-One now take care of everyone who has a valid complaint (i.e. what they bought differs significantly from what they reasonably expected), i don't think On-one have any duty to explain publicly what happened, that's their business. it was just curiosity on my part and self-doubt, i.e. was I imagining this problem.. also, if i do contact them, i'm not going to go into detail other than to say i had a problem, they sorted it (or not, i have faith they will!).

    ...there seems to be some people now who don't own EGs jumping in baying for blood, and that's weird. On-one have a good reputation, and look at the value they offer UK enthusiasts like us (do we all want to be paying Orange/Cotic prices if those companies even offered equivalent products?). So although they were a bit slow, they deserve credit for that and a chance to sort this out, i think.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-12-2012 at 03:47 AM.

  2. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    thanks, well, i'm a bit stuck.
    yeah it's a medium early V3.

    what's correct chainstay length please?
    distance from bb to main pivot?

    other possibilities.. headtube in totally wrong place, or pivots on seattube in wrong place?
    was hoping maybe it was just rear triangle wrong!


    "seatstay pivot to seatstay pivot dimension should be 408mm (+/-0.5mm) "

    don't understand this sorry. good to see your tolerances are actually quite good (imho).
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    yeah i was going to say same thing, as long as On-One now take care of everyone who has a valid complaint (i.e. what they bought differs significantly from what they reasonably expected), i don't think On-one have any duty to explain publicly what happened, that's their business. it was just curiosity on my part and self-doubt, i.e. was I imagining this problem.. also, if i do contact them, i'm not going to go into detail other than to say i had a problem, they sorted it (or not, i have faith they will!).

    ...there seems to be some people now who don't own EGs jumping in baying for blood, and that's weird. On-one have a good reputation, and look at the value they offer UK enthusiasts like us (do we all want to be paying Orange/Cotic prices if those companies even offered equivalent products?). So although they were a bit slow, they deserve credit for that and a chance to sort this out, i think.

    Smiff call Titus.....you've honed it down by now. Pick up the phone, man just pick up the phone and call

  3. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    303
    i will i will, just not sure what i even want.. never having ridden a "correct" EG!
    I could even (assuming On-one is all cool here) go to lots of trouble, pull mine apart, send it back, get another, rebuild and find after all that i like it less.

    Has anyone here (i think there's some guys in the US with collections of these things) ridden one of these V3s with the low BB AND say a V2 (which i know is not exactly the same, extra degree off HA, longer TT, but should be close?).

    Yes I do find the BB too low, but then I very much like other aspects of the ride, and don't know how much of this good stuff is down to the same low BB.. i also don't what else is different e.g. HA or other stuff may be quite a bit out in a way that i now like

    dilemmas!
    First World problems!
    heh.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.

  4. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,823
    I called Titus about my broken frame. I was able to talke to Mike about it. Dude was awesome about it and a pleasure to deal with. Call them an have a bike B.S. session. You might even hear some new underground info.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  5. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    303
    terrible ur in the US of A right? i'll have to see if On-one have a "Mike"

  6. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    New to forum and just ordered a 2013 El Guapo and I have new Lyrik forks to go on my build ........

    Should I be worried about the BB height/Issue?

    Thanks

  7. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,347
    how much of this thread topic have you read?
    breezy shade

  8. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Well I thought I had read too much, but judging by your response ........ maybe I haven't read enough?

  9. #184
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by David0208 View Post
    Well I thought I had read too much, but judging by your response ........ maybe I haven't read enough?
    Your frame is 2013. I suggest you build it up, take some geo measurments, and go for a ride at local familiar trail before start worrying. Yours may be totally fine plus none of have clue what your bottom bracket height or drop is so it's impossible question to answer.
    sth

  10. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    STH,

    Will do, I'll post my findings once it has been delivered.

    Cheers

  11. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    I bought a new V3 in august, with the plan being to build it up with a revelation and external lower cup. Its not built up yet, but i don't want a sub 13" bb height. Going off what others have found it would seem the V3 isn't really suitable for a 150mm fork, which is frustrating as this is not the way it is advertised on their site. On one must have known this from the beginning, coincidence that their complete builds changed from v2+ rev to v3+ Lyrik?

    Had the site advertised it as only suitable for big/heavy 160 forks i wouldn't of bought it, to me this makes it less usable for what/where i want to ride. I could maybe run a fox 34, but the prices are laughable. Suppose the only way to find out what my bb height will be is to build it, but then will it be to late to return it? Shouldn't have to build the bike just to get the geo, it should be accurately provided for several fork a-c lengths the fork is supposed to be compatible with.

    Any way moaning aside, wonder if there will be any changes to the frames that are due in December, would be nice to know so i can make a decision on what to to with my frame.

    cheers

  12. #187
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,678
    Quote Originally Posted by dan.greening87 View Post
    I bought a new V3 in august, with the plan being to build it up with a revelation and external lower cup. Its not built up yet, but i don't want a sub 13" bb height. Going off what others have found it would seem the V3 isn't really suitable for a 150mm fork, which is frustrating as this is not the way it is advertised on their site. On one must have known this from the beginning, coincidence that their complete builds changed from v2+ rev to v3+ Lyrik?
    The EG was not the best fit with short forks since V1.... if you dig really old threads, some folks were trying to use RS Pikes on it and they felt awful (dates back to the days of RS Pearl Shocks to give you an idea).

    The Revelation 150mm is only 530mm tall, only 10mm more than the Pike. In my mind, that's still a short fork compared to the crop of 160mm forks, all of them at 545mm A2C.

    With all due respect, I think the Revelation is not the best match for an EG geometry wise. Actually, none of the current 150mm forks. The new Fox 34 and X-Fusion Slant may fit much better to the EG without being much heavier.
    Check my Site

  13. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    The EG was not the best fit with short forks since V1.... if you dig really old threads, some folks were trying to use RS Pikes on it and they felt awful (dates back to the days of RS Pearl Shocks to give you an idea).

    The Revelation 150mm is only 530mm tall, only 10mm more than the Pike. In my mind, that's still a short fork compared to the crop of 160mm forks, all of them at 545mm A2C.

    With all due respect, I think the Revelation is not the best match for an EG geometry wise. Actually, none of the current 150mm forks. The new Fox 34 and X-Fusion Slant may fit much better to the EG without being much heavier.
    According to the article on Fox, "The 34 is 20% stiffer than a 32, and approximately 200 grams lighter than a comparable 36, and they designed in an axle-to-crown that is 7.4 mm shorter than its 36 brethren." the A-C would still fall short of the usual 545mm A2C.

    Would have expected more news of the SLant by now- but given their "trend"- I would say they tend to run their A-C a tad longer than advertise. Not surprising since it has always been their manner to fit 2 wheelsize with one fork by means of an added spacer
    Last edited by anvil_den; 11-16-2012 at 12:50 AM.

  14. #189
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,678
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    the A-C would still fall short of the usual 545mm A2C by~12-13mm.
    You mean running a 34 at 150mm, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    Would have expected more news of the SLant by now- but given their "trend"- I would say they tend to run their A-C a tad longer than advertise. Not surprising since it has always been their manner to fit 2 wheelsize with one fork by means of an added spacer
    More or less... the Slant (according to X-Fusion website) is 545mm at 160mm. So equal than current Lyrik/36 but longer than a 34 and a 32mm RS.

    The info is on their website and the forks will not hit the market until early next year (or so I have been told, I want one).

    The "X-Fusions are longer to accommodate two wheel sizes" theory doesn't hold water when you factor than their 32mm forks have equal A2C's than their competition. At least in line with Rock Shox.
    Check my Site

  15. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    303
    i guess this isn't clear:

    these frames are way out. a longer or shorter fork isn't going to make much difference.

    Please correct me if i'm wrong here?
    Several of us deduced then confirmed by brant, a 10mm raise in fork A2c only raises bb about 3-4mm, and these BBs (by my measurement, and for whatever reason) seem to be -18mm low! So unless you want to put 220mm (DH double crown? I dunno much about DH) forks on your bike.. and then you'll get a crazy HA and SA and ruin the bike anyway.

    i know a2c and travel aren't the same but they're pretty closely linked?

    i emailed Brant yesterday to ask about ride effects of this low bb, he hasn't replied yet, i guess he's a busy guy and probably has new bikes to work on... poor eld EG eh. missed out from Dirt 100 2013, yet the NP Mega was in there..

    @ dan.greening, stick any fork in there and do the string check. no need to build any more than that. you can probably do this without even fitting a headset with some bodging but the fork does need to be straight in the headtube.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-15-2012 at 06:59 AM.

  16. #191
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,202

    No good 34mm

    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    According to the article on Fox, "The 34 is 20% stiffer than a 32, and approximately 200 grams lighter than a comparable 36, and they designed in an axle-to-crown that is 7.4 mm shorter than its 36 brethren."
    20% stiffer...

    Had 32mm Van RLC first on my motolite lowered @ 125-30. Spin the wheel, hit the brake and 32 would flop and bounce around for near 4 seconds video'd front wheel on chunk

  17. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,823
    It's a F-up It happens. I hope it can be fixed without messing up the good El Guapo name

    In the future if they make a 160 front and 160 rear travel 142 rear axle with a taper front head tube I'll jump back on the train. But! no rock shox rear shock and put the damn head tube cable guides back on! and give me back my anodized colors.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  18. #193
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post

    these frames are way out. a longer or shorter fork isn't going to make much difference..
    Correct. You frame is out of specification. Hopefully, Brant will respond to your e-mail, as he specifically told you to contact him. If he does not respond, continue to call him out in this thread, untill he returns his attention to your need. He most likely is a busy guy; this may not be his only job. Do NOT give up putting the pressure on him and his company to set things right for you.
    ****

  19. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    You mean running a 34 at 150mm, right?

    More or less... the Slant (according to X-Fusion website) is 545mm at 160mm. So equal than current Lyrik/36 but longer than a 34 and a 32mm RS.

    The info is on their website and the forks will not hit the market until early next year (or so I have been told, I want one).

    The "X-Fusions are longer to accommodate two wheel sizes" theory doesn't hold water when you factor than their 32mm forks have equal A2C's than their competition. At least in line with Rock Shox.
    Probably half awake in my last post-- just stating that if based on that article the 34 A2C would be 7.4mm shorter than the 36 @ 160mm travel... Ignore the "12-13mm difference" must be thinking something else when typing, just edited that.

    Ah I have not really been updating and going to their website much lately. If its 545mm for the SLant then its ok. But I kinda lost interest when Xf say they are dropping the 20mm TA option.

    Actually for all the Vengeance and Velvets I have measured... all have slightly longer A-C than advertised. I dont use the Velvets myself but have helped a number of friends to put Velvets on their bikes. The arches and underside of crown would seem to have a little more clearance compared to other forks. Was deducing the clearance on 650B came as a combination of these 2 factors, ie the clearnance and the slight increase A2C... crux would be in the fixed length of the lowers... but I need to measure a couple other forks now and compare to see if the ones on the XF are indeed longer.
    Last edited by anvil_den; 11-16-2012 at 12:49 AM.

  20. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    20% stiffer...

    Had 32mm Van RLC first on my motolite lowered @ 125-30. Spin the wheel, hit the brake and 32 would flop and bounce around for near 4 seconds video'd front wheel on chunk
    Only pique my interest because of the weight saving and it can still fit within a narrow application band for a more xc-ish EG. Be it V1,2 or 3 I never like the idea of the 150 forks... just throws everything way off for me...

    Earlier info on Slant was mixed... thought they would do a HLR with 20TA. In essence a "downsized" Vengeance. But looking at the specs now-- it more like an "upsize" Velvet... Im pretty much dropping the whole idea of lightening further...

  21. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Correct. You frame is out of specification. Hopefully, Brant will respond to your e-mail, as he specifically told you to contact him. If he does not respond, continue to call him out in this thread, untill he returns his attention to your need. He most likely is a busy guy; this may not be his only job. Do NOT give up putting the pressure on him and his company to set things right for you.
    I am pretty sure I told him to contact our company. Much better than contacting me.
    He did contact me though, and I have replied, and he's now contacting our company as we can now supply a new frame.

  22. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    303
    sorry guys no need to argue. looks like i'll hopefully be having a replacement and there aren't so many people affected anyway.. all good news for on-one, and their customers too.
    i'm not upset about this btw, just wanted to understand better before going through a return, building a new bike etc.
    horrible weather for riding in the UK right now anyway so a good time to do this. thanks all.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-16-2012 at 07:54 AM.

  23. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    I am pretty sure I told him to contact our company. Much better than contacting me.
    He did contact me though, and I have replied, and he's now contacting our company as we can now supply a new frame.
    does this frame replacement offer also apply to the out of spec. V2?
    breezy shade

  24. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,318
    What is wrong with your V2?

  25. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,347
    guess. you only get one
    breezy shade

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •