Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2008
    thanks, well, i'm a bit stuck.
    yeah it's a medium early V3.

what's correct chainstay length please?
    distance from bb to main pivot?

other possibilities.. headtube in totally wrong place, or pivots on seattube in wrong place?
    was hoping maybe it was just rear triangle wrong!

"seatstay pivot to seatstay pivot dimension should be 408mm (+/-0.5mm) "

don't understand this sorry. good to see your tolerances are actually quite good (imho).

mtbr member
    How about a deal on a first run el guapo 29 to make up for this mess???
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    In regards to Anatol's bike, he has a 15mm drop with a RS Rev 150, I couldn't find the A2C of the Rev 150 but I imagine its somewhere in the 530-535mm range?
    527mm claimed by RS, 530mm actual on mine.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2008
    i'm not asking for a diff bike, not even sure i want to change mine - be good for on-one to know what went wrong.
    it's a very nice/interesting ride actually. very stable! possibly too slack, which i noticed after being away for a bit. i'll check the HA later (only got a phone for this, not really accurate).

a 15mm drop with a revelation sounds wrong as well, doesn't it? shouldn't it be ~4mm as Brant said before, any frame size?

Titus/On-One/Planet X
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    How about a deal on a first run el guapo 29 to make up for this mess???
    Sure thing
    --
    brant
    http://www.shedfire.com
    Designing for Titus USA, On-One and Planet X.

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    i'm not asking for a diff bike, not even sure i want to change mine - be good for on-one to know what went wrong.
    it's a very nice/interesting ride actually. very stable! possibly too slack, which i noticed after being away for a bit. i'll check the HA later (only got a phone for this, not really accurate).

a 15mm drop with a revelation sounds wrong as well, doesn't it? shouldn't it be ~4mm as Brant said before, any frame size?
    Try upper mounting hole for rocker. It steepens your HA by ~1 deg and slightly raises your BBH by few mm. Haven't noticed difference in ride quality or sag with same psi in the Monarch shock.

My med EG V.3 has ~-18mm bb drop with 540mm fork with 15mm lower headset cup so it seems like mine is even worst than yours with 10mm taller fork.
    sth

on my 3rd wind...
    Smiff, I miss read your figure. You actually have 22mm bb drop vs. my 18mm . Which makes sense since you are running 10 mm shorter fork.
    sth

on my 3rd wind...
    Btw I gave up on Vengeance HLR air fork. It would have been perfect fork for my EG since it has taller A/C height than other brands 160mm forks but it made an annoying clicking/tapping noise every time it compresses so went back to trusty Z1 Light Bomber.
    sth

mtbr member
    May 2008
    yeah STH you and i most likely have same frame.
    i also suppose lots of others do too, as this isn't just bad alignment, the frames are straight and well made, and they passed QC...
    can you work out which bit is "wrong"? if we had a new one side by side it'd be easy..

i will try the other hole, just for curiosity..
    without riding another i'm really not sure what to ask on-one. i guess ideal would be if they'd send me a replacement and i could try it and compare before returning one of them! not sure any company would do that. but they have my details it's obvious i'm not running off.

what would they do with used frames?
    is there demand out there for a super low bb 26" EG?

Let the good times roll.
    I'm curious... What's the rear travel on these out of spec frames? Anyone measured that?

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    yeah STH you and i most likely have same frame.
    i also suppose lots of others do too, as this isn't just bad alignment, the frames are straight and well made, and they passed QC...
    can you work out which bit is "wrong"? if we had a new one side by side it'd be easy..

i will try the other hole, just for curiosity..
    without riding another i'm really not sure what to ask on-one. i guess ideal would be if they'd send me a replacement and i could try it and compare before returning one of them! not sure any company would do that. but they have my details it's obvious i'm not running off.

what would they do with used frames?
    is there demand out there for a super low bb 26" EG?
    What is peculiar is while BBH or BB drop being way off, all other numbers seem spot on so far...including HA.

It would be nice to see a post from EG V3 owners with taller BBH...picture of BB drop and actual number...just for comparison sake. Seeing BB drop picture from craigstr was eye opening since he is running similar length fork/headset combo as mine even though EG V3 from V2 bottom bracket height change is only suppose to be few millimeters lower per Titus.

As I stated long posts ago this super duper low bottom bracket height EG is perfect if you want to run 650B wheel in the front.
    sth

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

On One fix

maybe that's what they could do. send you a 27.5 rim & spokes of your choice, to buildup w/ your hub?
    breezy shade

on my 3rd wind...
    Come think of it Titus could prolly start pumping out 650B frame by just engineering rear triangle while using the same front triangle from EG V3.
    sth

on my 3rd wind...
    Wait a minute....just saw a possibility here.

If that ever happened, I could just buy 650B rear triangle from Titus and slap it on my EG V3 front triangle and, viola, I have 650B frame with 3/4" taller BBH!
    sth

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    it's gonna be real interesting to see how On One works their way through this clusterfk how does this shite happen?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Looks like I'll have to go and buy some string.

Have a medium V3 with a RS Lyrik Coil u-turn on Maxxis High Rollers.

mtbr member

Time to re-up

Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    How about a deal
    Titus $500 frame trade-in program BEOTCH !!

that would clean up said clusterfuck

*and fix the mf geo chart for good, use bb drop measurement instead and strike the bb height measurement from existence

mtbr member
    May 2008
    steady on. not everyone wants a 29er.. new fork, new wheels, tyres etc. and if you were happy with your ride, this (finding out it's not what you thought) doesn't actually make it worse.
    new buyers need to know what's up though.
    I really hope they don't kill the 26" EG because of this, that'd be a real shame. i'd be happy with v2 geo i think..

someone with a very new medium v3 please do the string thing
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.

mtbr member
    If that ever happened, I could just buy 650B rear triangle from Titus and slap it on my EG V3 front triangle and, viola, I have 650B frame with 3/4" taller BBH!
    I already reserved a place in that line!

And at the same time convert the rear to 142x12. Or leave it 135 I don't care.

To be honest I rode this morning and upped my rear shock pressure to run 15-20% sag and didn't have an yissues. I like the traction with 30% sag but really the lack of pedal strikes was alot better. I'm really thinking about picking up a fox float 160 now. I'd like to drop some weight and this totem is like a steal I beam on the front of my bike.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    May 2011
    So I checked how long my fork would have to be for the string to go straight through the bb and came up with 200mm. Either I am doing something completely wrong or my frame is off spec.

I am not too eager to change my frame either. But if the bb drop can be corrected by changing parts like rear triangle, rocker, front wheel/fork or something I would. I love to do of technical climbing and pedal strike is a problem there.

mtbr member
    Anatolb....you said in an earlier post that your bb height was 13.2"? That actually strikes me as a bit high with a Rev 150. My V2 with a Float 36 is 13.5" in the forward shock hole. Can you double check the bb height? If its 13.2", that is money right there, I dont think you have a problem.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Craigstr .. Good point,measured bb heigth again and it is at 12.4 - 12,6 in (31.5-32cm) depending on rocker position.

pics in my album

Titus/On-One/Planet X
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    it's gonna be real interesting to see how On One works their way through this clusterfk how does this shite happen?
    anyone that has an issue should get in touch and we will work on resolutions.
    --
    brant
    http://www.shedfire.com
    Designing for Titus USA, On-One and Planet X.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    anyone that has an issue should get in touch and we will work on resolutions.
    exellent plan. resolutions are definately in order. what went wrong, & why, is what remains to be made public knowledge.
    breezy shade

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    exellent plan. resolutions are definately in order. what went wrong, & why, is what remains to be made public knowledge.
    It really doesn't matter at all.

It's clearly a manufacturing issue and if On One resolves the issue to your satisfaction, there is no point on finding out what went wrong.

If it was a structural defect (cracks, broken parts) then yes, an explanation on what the defect is would be important.
    Check my Site

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast