Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 891
  1. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    thanks, well, i'm a bit stuck.
    yeah it's a medium early V3.

    what's correct chainstay length please?
    distance from bb to main pivot?

    other possibilities.. headtube in totally wrong place, or pivots on seattube in wrong place?
    was hoping maybe it was just rear triangle wrong!


    "seatstay pivot to seatstay pivot dimension should be 408mm (+/-0.5mm) "

    don't understand this sorry. good to see your tolerances are actually quite good (imho).

  2. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    How about a deal on a first run el guapo 29 to make up for this mess???
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  3. #153
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    In regards to Anatol's bike, he has a 15mm drop with a RS Rev 150, I couldn't find the A2C of the Rev 150 but I imagine its somewhere in the 530-535mm range?
    527mm claimed by RS, 530mm actual on mine.
    Check my Site

  4. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    i'm not asking for a diff bike, not even sure i want to change mine - be good for on-one to know what went wrong.
    it's a very nice/interesting ride actually. very stable! possibly too slack, which i noticed after being away for a bit. i'll check the HA later (only got a phone for this, not really accurate).

    a 15mm drop with a revelation sounds wrong as well, doesn't it? shouldn't it be ~4mm as Brant said before, any frame size?

  5. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    How about a deal on a first run el guapo 29 to make up for this mess???
    Sure thing

  6. #156
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    i'm not asking for a diff bike, not even sure i want to change mine - be good for on-one to know what went wrong.
    it's a very nice/interesting ride actually. very stable! possibly too slack, which i noticed after being away for a bit. i'll check the HA later (only got a phone for this, not really accurate).

    a 15mm drop with a revelation sounds wrong as well, doesn't it? shouldn't it be ~4mm as Brant said before, any frame size?
    Try upper mounting hole for rocker. It steepens your HA by ~1 deg and slightly raises your BBH by few mm. Haven't noticed difference in ride quality or sag with same psi in the Monarch shock.

    My med EG V.3 has ~-18mm bb drop with 540mm fork with 15mm lower headset cup so it seems like mine is even worst than yours with 10mm taller fork.
    sth

  7. #157
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,777
    Smiff, I miss read your figure. You actually have 22mm bb drop vs. my 18mm . Which makes sense since you are running 10 mm shorter fork.
    sth

  8. #158
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,777
    Btw I gave up on Vengeance HLR air fork. It would have been perfect fork for my EG since it has taller A/C height than other brands 160mm forks but it made an annoying clicking/tapping noise every time it compresses so went back to trusty Z1 Light Bomber.
    sth

  9. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    yeah STH you and i most likely have same frame.
    i also suppose lots of others do too, as this isn't just bad alignment, the frames are straight and well made, and they passed QC...
    can you work out which bit is "wrong"? if we had a new one side by side it'd be easy..

    i will try the other hole, just for curiosity..
    without riding another i'm really not sure what to ask on-one. i guess ideal would be if they'd send me a replacement and i could try it and compare before returning one of them! not sure any company would do that. but they have my details it's obvious i'm not running off.

    what would they do with used frames?
    is there demand out there for a super low bb 26" EG?

  10. #160
    Let the good times roll.
    Reputation: miniwisejosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,158
    I'm curious... What's the rear travel on these out of spec frames? Anyone measured that?

  11. #161
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    yeah STH you and i most likely have same frame.
    i also suppose lots of others do too, as this isn't just bad alignment, the frames are straight and well made, and they passed QC...
    can you work out which bit is "wrong"? if we had a new one side by side it'd be easy..

    i will try the other hole, just for curiosity..
    without riding another i'm really not sure what to ask on-one. i guess ideal would be if they'd send me a replacement and i could try it and compare before returning one of them! not sure any company would do that. but they have my details it's obvious i'm not running off.

    what would they do with used frames?
    is there demand out there for a super low bb 26" EG?
    What is peculiar is while BBH or BB drop being way off, all other numbers seem spot on so far...including HA.

    It would be nice to see a post from EG V3 owners with taller BBH...picture of BB drop and actual number...just for comparison sake. Seeing BB drop picture from craigstr was eye opening since he is running similar length fork/headset combo as mine even though EG V3 from V2 bottom bracket height change is only suppose to be few millimeters lower per Titus.

    As I stated long posts ago this super duper low bottom bracket height EG is perfect if you want to run 650B wheel in the front.
    sth

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,621

    On One fix

    maybe that's what they could do. send you a 27.5 rim & spokes of your choice, to buildup w/ your hub?
    breezy shade

  13. #163
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,777
    Come think of it Titus could prolly start pumping out 650B frame by just engineering rear triangle while using the same front triangle from EG V3.
    sth

  14. #164
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,777
    Wait a minute....just saw a possibility here.

    If that ever happened, I could just buy 650B rear triangle from Titus and slap it on my EG V3 front triangle and, viola, I have 650B frame with 3/4" taller BBH!
    sth

  15. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    it's gonna be real interesting to see how On One works their way through this clusterfk how does this ****e happen?
    breezy shade

  16. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation: The Thug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    198
    Looks like I'll have to go and buy some string.

    Have a medium V3 with a RS Lyrik Coil u-turn on Maxxis High Rollers.

  17. #167
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,221

    Time to re-up

    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    How about a deal
    Titus $500 frame trade-in program BEOTCH !!

    that would clean up said clusterfuck


    *and fix the mf geo chart for good, use bb drop measurement instead and strike the bb height measurement from existence

  18. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    steady on. not everyone wants a 29er.. new fork, new wheels, tyres etc. and if you were happy with your ride, this (finding out it's not what you thought) doesn't actually make it worse.
    new buyers need to know what's up though.
    I really hope they don't kill the 26" EG because of this, that'd be a real shame. i'd be happy with v2 geo i think..

    someone with a very new medium v3 please do the string thing
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.

  19. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    If that ever happened, I could just buy 650B rear triangle from Titus and slap it on my EG V3 front triangle and, viola, I have 650B frame with 3/4" taller BBH!
    I already reserved a place in that line!

    And at the same time convert the rear to 142x12. Or leave it 135 I don't care.

    To be honest I rode this morning and upped my rear shock pressure to run 15-20% sag and didn't have an yissues. I like the traction with 30% sag but really the lack of pedal strikes was alot better. I'm really thinking about picking up a fox float 160 now. I'd like to drop some weight and this totem is like a steal I beam on the front of my bike.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  20. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    So I checked how long my fork would have to be for the string to go straight through the bb and came up with 200mm. Either I am doing something completely wrong or my frame is off spec.

    I am not too eager to change my frame either. But if the bb drop can be corrected by changing parts like rear triangle, rocker, front wheel/fork or something I would. I love to do of technical climbing and pedal strike is a problem there.

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352
    Anatolb....you said in an earlier post that your bb height was 13.2"? That actually strikes me as a bit high with a Rev 150. My V2 with a Float 36 is 13.5" in the forward shock hole. Can you double check the bb height? If its 13.2", that is money right there, I dont think you have a problem.

  22. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Craigstr .. Good point,measured bb heigth again and it is at 12.4 - 12,6 in (31.5-32cm) depending on rocker position.

    pics in my album

  23. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    it's gonna be real interesting to see how On One works their way through this clusterfk how does this ****e happen?
    anyone that has an issue should get in touch and we will work on resolutions.

  24. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    anyone that has an issue should get in touch and we will work on resolutions.
    exellent plan. resolutions are definately in order. what went wrong, & why, is what remains to be made public knowledge.
    breezy shade

  25. #175
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    exellent plan. resolutions are definately in order. what went wrong, & why, is what remains to be made public knowledge.
    It really doesn't matter at all.

    It's clearly a manufacturing issue and if On One resolves the issue to your satisfaction, there is no point on finding out what went wrong.

    If it was a structural defect (cracks, broken parts) then yes, an explanation on what the defect is would be important.
    Check my Site

  26. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    yeah i was going to say same thing, as long as On-One now take care of everyone who has a valid complaint (i.e. what they bought differs significantly from what they reasonably expected), i don't think On-one have any duty to explain publicly what happened, that's their business. it was just curiosity on my part and self-doubt, i.e. was I imagining this problem.. also, if i do contact them, i'm not going to go into detail other than to say i had a problem, they sorted it (or not, i have faith they will!).

    ...there seems to be some people now who don't own EGs jumping in baying for blood, and that's weird. On-one have a good reputation, and look at the value they offer UK enthusiasts like us (do we all want to be paying Orange/Cotic prices if those companies even offered equivalent products?). So although they were a bit slow, they deserve credit for that and a chance to sort this out, i think.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-12-2012 at 03:47 AM.

  27. #177
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    thanks, well, i'm a bit stuck.
    yeah it's a medium early V3.

    what's correct chainstay length please?
    distance from bb to main pivot?

    other possibilities.. headtube in totally wrong place, or pivots on seattube in wrong place?
    was hoping maybe it was just rear triangle wrong!


    "seatstay pivot to seatstay pivot dimension should be 408mm (+/-0.5mm) "

    don't understand this sorry. good to see your tolerances are actually quite good (imho).
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post
    yeah i was going to say same thing, as long as On-One now take care of everyone who has a valid complaint (i.e. what they bought differs significantly from what they reasonably expected), i don't think On-one have any duty to explain publicly what happened, that's their business. it was just curiosity on my part and self-doubt, i.e. was I imagining this problem.. also, if i do contact them, i'm not going to go into detail other than to say i had a problem, they sorted it (or not, i have faith they will!).

    ...there seems to be some people now who don't own EGs jumping in baying for blood, and that's weird. On-one have a good reputation, and look at the value they offer UK enthusiasts like us (do we all want to be paying Orange/Cotic prices if those companies even offered equivalent products?). So although they were a bit slow, they deserve credit for that and a chance to sort this out, i think.

    Smiff call Titus.....you've honed it down by now. Pick up the phone, man just pick up the phone and call

  28. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    i will i will, just not sure what i even want.. never having ridden a "correct" EG!
    I could even (assuming On-one is all cool here) go to lots of trouble, pull mine apart, send it back, get another, rebuild and find after all that i like it less.

    Has anyone here (i think there's some guys in the US with collections of these things) ridden one of these V3s with the low BB AND say a V2 (which i know is not exactly the same, extra degree off HA, longer TT, but should be close?).

    Yes I do find the BB too low, but then I very much like other aspects of the ride, and don't know how much of this good stuff is down to the same low BB.. i also don't what else is different e.g. HA or other stuff may be quite a bit out in a way that i now like

    dilemmas!
    First World problems!
    heh.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.

  29. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    I called Titus about my broken frame. I was able to talke to Mike about it. Dude was awesome about it and a pleasure to deal with. Call them an have a bike B.S. session. You might even hear some new underground info.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  30. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    terrible ur in the US of A right? i'll have to see if On-one have a "Mike"

  31. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    New to forum and just ordered a 2013 El Guapo and I have new Lyrik forks to go on my build ........

    Should I be worried about the BB height/Issue?

    Thanks

  32. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    how much of this thread topic have you read?
    breezy shade

  33. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Well I thought I had read too much, but judging by your response ........ maybe I haven't read enough?

  34. #184
    on my 3rd wind...
    Reputation: SingleTrackHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by David0208 View Post
    Well I thought I had read too much, but judging by your response ........ maybe I haven't read enough?
    Your frame is 2013. I suggest you build it up, take some geo measurments, and go for a ride at local familiar trail before start worrying. Yours may be totally fine plus none of have clue what your bottom bracket height or drop is so it's impossible question to answer.
    sth

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    STH,

    Will do, I'll post my findings once it has been delivered.

    Cheers

  36. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    I bought a new V3 in august, with the plan being to build it up with a revelation and external lower cup. Its not built up yet, but i don't want a sub 13" bb height. Going off what others have found it would seem the V3 isn't really suitable for a 150mm fork, which is frustrating as this is not the way it is advertised on their site. On one must have known this from the beginning, coincidence that their complete builds changed from v2+ rev to v3+ Lyrik?

    Had the site advertised it as only suitable for big/heavy 160 forks i wouldn't of bought it, to me this makes it less usable for what/where i want to ride. I could maybe run a fox 34, but the prices are laughable. Suppose the only way to find out what my bb height will be is to build it, but then will it be to late to return it? Shouldn't have to build the bike just to get the geo, it should be accurately provided for several fork a-c lengths the fork is supposed to be compatible with.

    Any way moaning aside, wonder if there will be any changes to the frames that are due in December, would be nice to know so i can make a decision on what to to with my frame.

    cheers

  37. #187
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by dan.greening87 View Post
    I bought a new V3 in august, with the plan being to build it up with a revelation and external lower cup. Its not built up yet, but i don't want a sub 13" bb height. Going off what others have found it would seem the V3 isn't really suitable for a 150mm fork, which is frustrating as this is not the way it is advertised on their site. On one must have known this from the beginning, coincidence that their complete builds changed from v2+ rev to v3+ Lyrik?
    The EG was not the best fit with short forks since V1.... if you dig really old threads, some folks were trying to use RS Pikes on it and they felt awful (dates back to the days of RS Pearl Shocks to give you an idea).

    The Revelation 150mm is only 530mm tall, only 10mm more than the Pike. In my mind, that's still a short fork compared to the crop of 160mm forks, all of them at 545mm A2C.

    With all due respect, I think the Revelation is not the best match for an EG geometry wise. Actually, none of the current 150mm forks. The new Fox 34 and X-Fusion Slant may fit much better to the EG without being much heavier.
    Check my Site

  38. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    The EG was not the best fit with short forks since V1.... if you dig really old threads, some folks were trying to use RS Pikes on it and they felt awful (dates back to the days of RS Pearl Shocks to give you an idea).

    The Revelation 150mm is only 530mm tall, only 10mm more than the Pike. In my mind, that's still a short fork compared to the crop of 160mm forks, all of them at 545mm A2C.

    With all due respect, I think the Revelation is not the best match for an EG geometry wise. Actually, none of the current 150mm forks. The new Fox 34 and X-Fusion Slant may fit much better to the EG without being much heavier.
    According to the article on Fox, "The 34 is 20% stiffer than a 32, and approximately 200 grams lighter than a comparable 36, and they designed in an axle-to-crown that is 7.4 mm shorter than its 36 brethren." the A-C would still fall short of the usual 545mm A2C.

    Would have expected more news of the SLant by now- but given their "trend"- I would say they tend to run their A-C a tad longer than advertise. Not surprising since it has always been their manner to fit 2 wheelsize with one fork by means of an added spacer
    Last edited by anvil_den; 11-16-2012 at 12:50 AM.

  39. #189
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,826
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    the A-C would still fall short of the usual 545mm A2C by~12-13mm.
    You mean running a 34 at 150mm, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    Would have expected more news of the SLant by now- but given their "trend"- I would say they tend to run their A-C a tad longer than advertise. Not surprising since it has always been their manner to fit 2 wheelsize with one fork by means of an added spacer
    More or less... the Slant (according to X-Fusion website) is 545mm at 160mm. So equal than current Lyrik/36 but longer than a 34 and a 32mm RS.

    The info is on their website and the forks will not hit the market until early next year (or so I have been told, I want one).

    The "X-Fusions are longer to accommodate two wheel sizes" theory doesn't hold water when you factor than their 32mm forks have equal A2C's than their competition. At least in line with Rock Shox.
    Check my Site

  40. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    i guess this isn't clear:

    these frames are way out. a longer or shorter fork isn't going to make much difference.

    Please correct me if i'm wrong here?
    Several of us deduced then confirmed by brant, a 10mm raise in fork A2c only raises bb about 3-4mm, and these BBs (by my measurement, and for whatever reason) seem to be -18mm low! So unless you want to put 220mm (DH double crown? I dunno much about DH) forks on your bike.. and then you'll get a crazy HA and SA and ruin the bike anyway.

    i know a2c and travel aren't the same but they're pretty closely linked?

    i emailed Brant yesterday to ask about ride effects of this low bb, he hasn't replied yet, i guess he's a busy guy and probably has new bikes to work on... poor eld EG eh. missed out from Dirt 100 2013, yet the NP Mega was in there..

    @ dan.greening, stick any fork in there and do the string check. no need to build any more than that. you can probably do this without even fitting a headset with some bodging but the fork does need to be straight in the headtube.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-15-2012 at 06:59 AM.

  41. #191
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,221

    No good 34mm

    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    According to the article on Fox, "The 34 is 20% stiffer than a 32, and approximately 200 grams lighter than a comparable 36, and they designed in an axle-to-crown that is 7.4 mm shorter than its 36 brethren."
    20% stiffer...

    Had 32mm Van RLC first on my motolite lowered @ 125-30. Spin the wheel, hit the brake and 32 would flop and bounce around for near 4 seconds video'd front wheel on chunk

  42. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    It's a F-up It happens. I hope it can be fixed without messing up the good El Guapo name

    In the future if they make a 160 front and 160 rear travel 142 rear axle with a taper front head tube I'll jump back on the train. But! no rock shox rear shock and put the damn head tube cable guides back on! and give me back my anodized colors.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  43. #193
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiff View Post

    these frames are way out. a longer or shorter fork isn't going to make much difference..
    Correct. You frame is out of specification. Hopefully, Brant will respond to your e-mail, as he specifically told you to contact him. If he does not respond, continue to call him out in this thread, untill he returns his attention to your need. He most likely is a busy guy; this may not be his only job. Do NOT give up putting the pressure on him and his company to set things right for you.
    ****

  44. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    You mean running a 34 at 150mm, right?

    More or less... the Slant (according to X-Fusion website) is 545mm at 160mm. So equal than current Lyrik/36 but longer than a 34 and a 32mm RS.

    The info is on their website and the forks will not hit the market until early next year (or so I have been told, I want one).

    The "X-Fusions are longer to accommodate two wheel sizes" theory doesn't hold water when you factor than their 32mm forks have equal A2C's than their competition. At least in line with Rock Shox.
    Probably half awake in my last post-- just stating that if based on that article the 34 A2C would be 7.4mm shorter than the 36 @ 160mm travel... Ignore the "12-13mm difference" must be thinking something else when typing, just edited that.

    Ah I have not really been updating and going to their website much lately. If its 545mm for the SLant then its ok. But I kinda lost interest when Xf say they are dropping the 20mm TA option.

    Actually for all the Vengeance and Velvets I have measured... all have slightly longer A-C than advertised. I dont use the Velvets myself but have helped a number of friends to put Velvets on their bikes. The arches and underside of crown would seem to have a little more clearance compared to other forks. Was deducing the clearance on 650B came as a combination of these 2 factors, ie the clearnance and the slight increase A2C... crux would be in the fixed length of the lowers... but I need to measure a couple other forks now and compare to see if the ones on the XF are indeed longer.
    Last edited by anvil_den; 11-16-2012 at 12:49 AM.

  45. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    20% stiffer...

    Had 32mm Van RLC first on my motolite lowered @ 125-30. Spin the wheel, hit the brake and 32 would flop and bounce around for near 4 seconds video'd front wheel on chunk
    Only pique my interest because of the weight saving and it can still fit within a narrow application band for a more xc-ish EG. Be it V1,2 or 3 I never like the idea of the 150 forks... just throws everything way off for me...

    Earlier info on Slant was mixed... thought they would do a HLR with 20TA. In essence a "downsized" Vengeance. But looking at the specs now-- it more like an "upsize" Velvet... Im pretty much dropping the whole idea of lightening further...

  46. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Correct. You frame is out of specification. Hopefully, Brant will respond to your e-mail, as he specifically told you to contact him. If he does not respond, continue to call him out in this thread, untill he returns his attention to your need. He most likely is a busy guy; this may not be his only job. Do NOT give up putting the pressure on him and his company to set things right for you.
    I am pretty sure I told him to contact our company. Much better than contacting me.
    He did contact me though, and I have replied, and he's now contacting our company as we can now supply a new frame.

  47. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    306
    sorry guys no need to argue. looks like i'll hopefully be having a replacement and there aren't so many people affected anyway.. all good news for on-one, and their customers too.
    i'm not upset about this btw, just wanted to understand better before going through a return, building a new bike etc.
    horrible weather for riding in the UK right now anyway so a good time to do this. thanks all.
    Last edited by Smiff; 11-16-2012 at 07:54 AM.

  48. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    I am pretty sure I told him to contact our company. Much better than contacting me.
    He did contact me though, and I have replied, and he's now contacting our company as we can now supply a new frame.
    does this frame replacement offer also apply to the out of spec. V2?
    breezy shade

  49. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352
    What is wrong with your V2?

  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,621
    guess. you only get one
    breezy shade

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •