Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36
    mtbr member
    The bike is looking great. Must be a beast with the 170 upfront and the CCDB.

Chris told me about your issues when I saw him a couple of weeks after he got back from Switzerland.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by y0bailey View Post
    I have a V2....have there been any issues with the V2? I have read most of this thread but cannot search V2 since it being too short.
    It was a V3 only issue. My V2 doesn't have any problem with the BB drop which is in spec.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Glad there was a happy ending. Go ride dude!!

mtbr member

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

Quote Originally Posted by davidlouis View Post
    So I feel compelled to report on my El Guapo Saga and that it has officially ended with good news!

I now am the proud owner (one of only 3 in South Africa it seems) of my very own El Guapo with a spot on BB height and zero drop (running a 170 RS LYRIK RC), tolerance between rear CCDB eye and seat tube and no damage in transit.

Getting to this point has involved a lot of additional effort (since my last post) on my part to unpick stock issues/confusion at On One headquarters in Sheffield, remind Customer services to include the CCDB shims, spanners and documentation (previously not included), repack and adequately protect the frame delivered (which was also rattling around in its box) to me whilst on holiday in London for safe trip back to South Africa as additional baggage and also find a financially viable way of sending back the damaged in transit frame back to On-One.

I have learnt a lot of lessons in dealing with On-One from this experience but won't bang on about it any longer. There's been enough crucifixion in this thread already...

They must however be commended for sticking to their promise to sort out my problem even if it was a bit of a 'ball ache' for me to endure...

Also the complementary fork for the initial QC issues and delay; and later a complementary smoothie headset for additional mix-ups at On-One HQ are more than enough compensation for the frustration.

Last but not least, here is my creation. I have taken it out for a short test ride and 'the handsome one' is already turning heads wherever he goes...

Cheers
    Dave
    Very nice Dave. I am glad that everything turned out well for you!
    My only objection, if I might say, is the very long stem. With 170mm fork it will "work" way better with a 50mm or 60mm stem.
    I think you should try and take a ride with one. It is more accurate.
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member

Re: Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

Not to mention, it's also missing a seat dropper. You'll love it with a shorter stem, wide bars, and seat dropper.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    May 2013
    A dropper seatpost is expensive.... But I have a birthday coming up so I'm holding thumbs!... Donations are also welcome :-) The stem on there is 100mm off another bike I stripped for the build. In the beginning it was just there to hold it all together... I have just got an 80mm stem and was running 750 bars so we'll see how that feels. I am 6' 4" with long arms and there's no el guapo frame in XL so a too short stem might feel a bit bunched up for me although the twitcher steering would be nice... Thanks for the comments/ tips.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    What is the axle to crown on a Lyrik 170 as this is now the suggested fork length?!

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by saps View Post
    What is the axle to crown on a Lyrik 170 as this is now the suggested fork length?!
    555 millimeters

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hopefully all will be good with my El Guapo, can't wait to build it up.

Deere Rider
    Can anyone confirm that the 26" El Guapos shipping from the USA location have all the issues sorted out? Specifically is the bottom bracket problem solved?

I have a friend ready to order but I was hoping to get confirmation that the frame he will get is sorted and will have none of the previous issues.

Thanks for any assistance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm not an industry expert but as an owner of a low BB frame that was made good with a complimentary 170 fork, I would be very very very surprised if this wasn't completely sorted by now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Mine is fine, I picked it up with the CCDB.
    This frame replaced a 2010 Stumpjumper expert fsr and the geometry on the eg3 is so much nicer. Hard to explain but it feels much more natural in a corner than the stumpy.

Here's a short video at Downieville
    Downieville flat3 5-24-14 - YouTube

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey guys-
    I need a little help discerning which version a frame is. It is ORANGE with SILVER rear triangle.

Does that make it a V1? V2? V3?

I'm worried that if I end up with a V2/3 with the BB height issue, it wouldn't be appropriate for the tech riding around Austin.

I know you guys know much more about el guapo than I do, so I figured I'd come to the source.

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Hey guys-
    I need a little help discerning which version a frame is. It is ORANGE with SILVER rear triangle.

I'm worried that if I end up with a V2/3 with the BB height issue, it wouldn't be appropriate for the tech riding around Austin.

I know you guys know much more about el guapo than I do, so I figured I'd come to the source.

Thanks in advance!
    Might be an orange of each version

1.5" HT= V1

Taper HT w/ no cable guides= V2-

Brace welded in front of brake mount , I think might be a V3

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Hey guys-

Thanks in advance!
    unfortunately, i don't think you can depend on the BB situation being specific to any height, whether it's V2 or V3. once On-One bought Titus, the manufacturing fiasco was on. you're probably well aware of that. if your buying used, you'd have to believe the seller being able to tell you what EXACTLY the BB was w/ the fork/headset combo he used. asking the current Team Titus what it will be would be gambling bigtime. you probably know all that too.
    good luck, since i think that's all you got, buying one of those frames. great ride IF your lucky enough to end up w/ one that works for ya.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Might be an orange of each version

1.5" HT= V1

Taper HT w/ no cable guides= V2-

Brace welded in front of brake mount , I think might be a V3
    Perfect-thanks for the quick response! V1 it is.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36