Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer.2 View Post
    Brant, is this an option that those of us in US can take?
    I'd much rather replace the CS than rebuild the whole bike.
    Yup. We are just working towards QCing the first samples of the reworked chainstay which will lift the BB's of frames out of tolerance. Once the concept is approved, we'll get those rolling through and it will be a relatively simple swap out process.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    The On-One web site now has the EG as being "approved for use with 170mm travel suspension forks" but also still says "Advised Fork Length: 150/160mm Rock Shox/Fox"; perhaps this needs to be made consistent.

This change presents a quandary for those of us who've been struggling with 150mm forks as I'm not sure whether I should now change it to get a more usable BB height. It also seems that the inventory of 26" 170mm forks in the UK seems to be approximately zero at the moment which limits my options somewhat!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    If you do end up out of spec we'll have a revised chainstay to ship to you shortly which will resolve the BB height issue.
    I'm hoping it's not out of spec - but COOL! Thanks brant.

I have a question, more out of curiosity than anything else... were all the frames in that problematic production run out of spec or there were just a percentage of the frames? I was assuming it was the latter.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    the ongoing saga of the On-One El Guapo just continues to get curiouser & curiouser
    breezy shade

U $ 4 O?

Retrofit

Curious to see these new chainstays .. Seems like a good time to start an option for 27.5" rear too, no? The uprated SS at sea otter looked like a move in the right direction and something I want ASAP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    the ongoing saga of the On-One El Guapo just continues to get curiouser & curiouser
    But I do really hope it works out. It does seem that Brant/ On-one are going out of their way to make things right. The wait is terrible but a free 170mm fork seems like a nice deal!

But what I don't get is why Titus/ On-One have to pay for those frames if they are manufactured wrong. Shouldn't the manufacturer just eat the cost in that situation?
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    which will lift the BB's of frames out of tolerance
    Reading through all the above (again!) I'm still confused. A question for Brandt - is a frame now considered "out of tolerance" only if it has a BB drop when using a 170mm fork, or is one that has a BB drop with the originally specified 150mm fork still considered out of tolerance even if it might be "ok" with a hypothetical 170mm fork? (I use the term "ok" loosely as I bought it as a bike that could be used with a 150mm fork...) Or to put it another way will we all be offered the new chainstay?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazmonster View Post
    Reading through all the above (again!) I'm still confused. A question for Brant - is a frame now considered "out of tolerance" only if it has a BB drop when using a 170mm fork, or is one that has a BB drop with the originally specified 150mm fork still considered out of tolerance even if it might be "ok" with a hypothetical 170mm fork? (I use the term "ok" loosely as I bought it as a bike that could be used with a 150mm fork...) Or to put it another way will we all be offered the new chainstay?
    A frame is out of tolerance if it's dropped with a 170mm fork.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    A frame is out of tolerance if it's dropped with a 170mm fork.
    So it would seem that for those of us that bought the frame on the basis that it would work with the recommended 150mm Rockshox fork we've got something that doesn't work as sold and our only option is to get hold of a 170mm fork which at the moment seem to be as rare as unicorn tears.

If we can't have the revised chainstay is there any chance of On-One sourcing some suitable forks for us at a reasonable price?

"El Whatever"
    If we can't have the revised chainstay is there any chance of On-One sourcing some suitable forks for us at a reasonable price?
    They have some sweet Boxxers and some sweet Revelations 150mm
    Suspension Forks | Forks - So wrong, it's right
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    So it would seem that for those of us that bought the frame on the basis that it would work with the recommended 150mm Rockshox fork we've got something that doesn't work as sold and our only option is to get hold of a 170mm fork which at the moment seem to be as rare as unicorn tears.

If that's the case, please get in touch with us at Planet X and let's see what we can do for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks brant, have contacted On-One quoting you!

They have some sweet Boxxers and some sweet Revelations 150mm
    That's true, at least about the revs (can't find any boxxers there, they'd be a bit over the top) but unless Rockshox have done a 170mm rev I don't think it would help - and I suspect if they did one it would be a bit noodly with 32mm stanchions!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I'm getting rid of my 150mm sektor. I don't mind. I like the bike and I think it'll be worth the wait (still selling my GT Force with sektor 150mm to fund the new build).

I think it's just a matter of getting a fork that has the proper (or close to proper) axle to crown measurement. I can't afford a 170mm Lyrik or a Vengeance, I might try going 180mm with a Durolux - those have the same a2c length as the Vengeance.

U $ 4 O?
    The Metric should be hitting soon ; )

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

Brant, how close are On One to getting the Lyriks in stock? I've been offered one and I'm curious to see what effect it has.

I've been riding the El Guapo with a 150mm Fox fork and to be honest it's been great, you do get the odd pedal strike but it can be forgiven for being very stable and for going round corners like its on rails

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    The Metric should be hitting soon ; )
    Metric? Is that a new fork?

Let the good times roll.
    Yep, new X Fusion. A bit much for the El Guapo IMO, but should be perfect for my new SX Trail

http://www.xfusionshox.com/news/465-2014-preview.html

U $ 4 O?
    Yeah, I really like 160mm w/ stiff 36 on el Guapo. Haven't seen much about that fork, just that it seems light for a 180mm 36. Think they'll have 26" and a 650b w/ new offset

*Can be lowered to 160mm
    Last edited by Deerhill; 05-11-2013 at 11:30 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Brant, how close are On One to getting the Lyriks in stock? I've been offered one and I'm curious to see what effect it has.

I've been riding the El Guapo with a 150mm Fox fork and to be honest it's been great, you do get the odd pedal strike but it can be forgiven for being very stable and for going round corners like its on rails
    Out of interest did you have to strip your bike and send it back to them? I'm in the same position but have been told by 'Wayne' at on-one that I need to send the frame to them. Surely they know which batch they sold are unfit for purpsoe (ie. 150mm forks). I reckon mine (Nov V3) is 'in spec' for a 170mm fork (0mm drop) but definitely needs a 170mm fork rather than my 150mm Revs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Why is bottom bracket height on my new EG V.3 so low?

Quote Originally Posted by topcatno1 View Post
    Out of interest did you have to strip your bike and send it back to them? I'm in the same position but have been told by 'Wayne' at on-one that I need to send the frame to them. Surely they know which batch they sold are unfit for purpsoe (ie. 150mm forks). I reckon mine (Nov V3) is 'in spec' for a 170mm fork (0mm drop) but definitely needs a 170mm fork rather than my 150mm Revs.
    No I'm still riding the bike. They gave me the option of returning the frame and getting a full refund, returning the frame and exchanging it when the next batch comes in or a 170mm Lyrik fork.

My frame (bought in dec 12) is only marginally out of spec with the 150mm fork so I decided to go with the Lyrik option

The Fox float I have on the EG was always a compromise so I'm pretty happy with getting a beefier fork which will compensate for the dodgy geometry

mtbr member
    May 2013

No good

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    No I'm still riding the bike. They gave me the option of returning the frame and getting a full refund, returning the frame and exchanging it when the next batch comes in or a 170mm Lyrik fork.

My frame (bought in dec 12) is only marginally out of spec with the 150mm fork so I decided to go with the Lyrik option

The Fox float I have on the EG was always a compromise so I'm pretty happy with getting a beefier fork which will compensate for the dodgy geometry
    Thanks dude, that's what I thought they'd say to me but instead they want me to send it back for inspection. They must know it's a V3 so I don't see why. I want to keep it, so the option of a replacement fork is what I'm looking for. The hassle of stripping and sending it I could do without.

Brant - what is the policy here? Seems to be different depending on who you talk to...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by topcatno1 View Post
    Thanks dude, that's what I thought they'd say to me but instead they want me to send it back for inspection. They must know it's a V3 so I don't see why. I want to keep it, so the option of a replacement fork is what I'm looking for. The hassle of stripping and sending it I could do without.

Brant - what is the policy here? Seems to be different depending on who you talk to...
    No problem fella. I was under the impression that everyone who has an out of spec frame was going to be given the same three options?

FWIW it was Charlie at On One who I spoke with over the phone and via email.

Dont Rep me
    And now there seems to be a 4th option, swapping out just the chain stay.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'd take that too! I just reallydon't see why they want me to faff about sending it back when from what has been written on here by Brant they KNOW there is a problem with the V3s.

mtbr member
    Could just a new chain stay solve the problem?
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast